Tiny the Modeler Moving

Find Out What Some Of Our Members have To Offer

Moderators: zoomzoomzee, chariots of fire, Tiny 26, cargostar

Tiny the Modeler Moving

Postby Tiny 26 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Just as we are finishing up the shop renovation, problems with the landlord are forcing Karen & I to move. Only 4 miles, but any move, especially including a business, is a pain. Our business will continue, but will shut down from 4/30 - 5/17. I'll post the new address soon. Included in the deal are 2 buildings - 1 suited for storage only & the other, 2 story's, will become the new store. It needs work that we can't afford to do all at once, so it'll be after the first of the year before we start using it. In the meantime, KennyMac will be organizing kits & supplies in the storage building so we can find everything as orders come in. Karen has slapped me away from the computer & promises to start printing & mailing catalogs again by June!!

Thanks for everyone's support & we're looking forward to the "new & improved" Tiny the Modeler. The saying in my signature say's it all.
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26
SFH Abuse Collection Officer

Re: Tiny the Modeler Moving

Postby RevnJeff on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:25 pm

You know Tiny, as someone who has moved 10 times since I got married, I can tell you two very INCONTROVERTIBLE RULES about moving:

Rule #1 The shorter the distance of the move, the less organized, more stressful and more likely to incur disaster.

Rule #2 The word M-O-V-E is a four letter word in every since of the term "Four Letter Word."

Have fun. :D

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby Chris on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Good luck, I have been lucky and not had to move since 1998 when we pulled in the driveway with everything we had in the back seat of the car. Now would be a bit bigger challenge. Granted I do get to move this Friday though from my south GA cabin back to my north GA home full time.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby Aaronw on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Chris wrote:Good luck, I have been lucky and not had to move since 1998 when we pulled in the driveway with everything we had in the back seat of the car. Now would be a bit bigger challenge. Granted I do get to move this Friday though from my south GA cabin back to my north GA home full time.

I loaded everything I owned into my pickup and moved to Arizona in 1998. I added a wife (and a bunch more stuff) while there and we have moved 4 times since then. I couldn't even fit my model stash in my pickup if I had to move today.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby Modelmaker on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 am

OH OH this is the second sign of the coming of the apolicylse(sp) fist SSB resins going Part time now Tiny moving ...Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby R H on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Modelmaker wrote:OH OH this is the second sign of the coming of the apolicylse(sp) fist SSB resins going Part time now Tiny moving ...Gary

Naw, it might be if he were moving to Canada, but he's not, it's just right down the road from where he is now.
R H

Postby Tiny 26 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Modelmaker wrote:OH OH this is the second sign of the coming of the apolicylse(sp) fist SSB resins going Part time now Tiny moving ...Gary

Nahhh, just a minor setback, nothing major.
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby Modelmaker on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Yah if taken by itself it's nothing major but if you combine it with the SSB resins thing it means bad things are happening....hopefully nothing else will go wrong and both are going to come back stronger than ever...I just know it...Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Pinolafire on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 am

Hope your move is more model friendly than mine was and I moved .... across my front yard

Matt :shock:
Pinolafire

Postby R H on Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Gary, trust me when I say that some nice things will come when Jamie / SSB comes back. He just needs some income to produce them. Mold material and resin costs $$$.
R H

Return to Member's Services