TINY the MODELER, Model Shop * UPDATE 6/12/10 *

Find Out What Some Of Our Members have To Offer

Moderators: zoomzoomzee, chariots of fire, Tiny 26, cargostar

TINY the MODELER, Model Shop * UPDATE 6/12/10 *

Postby Tiny 26 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:00 am

My wife Karen & I have a full service model shop. We specialize in Out of Production kits. We have a free standing store, a large mail order business & we set up at shows in Va., NC., SC. & plan to expand. We can order most new releases from most manufactors. We currently stock several thousand automotive kits & approx. 100 military kits. Automotive kits include stock, custom, show, pickups, big-rigs, tuners, lowriders, NASCAR, drag, F1, rallye, Indy, sprint & short track racers. We also have Sci-Fi & horror kits.

We stock paints, tapes, glues, liquid cements, puttys, washes, solvents & tools. Brands include, but not limited to, Tamiya, Testors/Model Master, Hobbico, The Last Detail, Micro Scale, Ambroid & Squadron. We stock the full line of Evergreen Plastic Products - sheet(clear, white & black), rod, tube, angle & channel. Also K&S Metal Products - brass & aluminum sheets, rod, tube, angle & channel. We have several hundred sheets of OOP Slixx decals & can get any current or new Slixx releases. Period correct stock car tires & wheels, chrome side trim stripes, roll cages & window nets by Plastic Performance Products. We also have in stock photo-etch by Detail Master, Model Car Garage, Parts by Parks & M.A.S. as well as white metal detail & diorama products by R&D Unique. As of 2/08, we now carry the complete line of Creation's Unlimited products, including their excellent Flexi-Files, sanding sticks & 1 drop liquid glue applicators & bottles. We should have SnJ products within the week & are working on securing several other product lines.

Turn around time for orders is generally 5-7 days from the time we receive your order, unless a product is temprarily out of stock or back ordered. You will ALWAYS be notified of any delays. It is just my wife & I right now, so if you are dissatisfied for any reason, let us know, so we can help you. Slight delay's may occur during holidays or while processing large orders.

I'm a modeler & know what it's like to want a model or supplies & can't afford them. We have the best prices around & strive to keep them as low as possible. Bottom line, WE get a deal, YOU get a deal!! Thanks in advance for your business. We spell customer F R I E N D !!

John W. & Karen B. Billmyer, Jr.
dba: TINY the MODELER
327 King Mill Rd.
Four Oaks, NC. 27524
(919)934-1006 10:00-10:00 7 days a week. If no answer, please leave a message
tinythemodeler@yahoo.com

We are located about 15 minutes from the junction of I-95 & I-40. If you're in the area, feel free to stop by.

Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26
SFH Abuse Collection Officer

Re: TINY the MODELER, Model Shop

Postby Tiny 26 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:32 am

This gives you a idea of what we bring to shows. 6-7 tables full of goodies as well as free standing racks. Kits, paint, glue, liquid cement, tools, putty, photo-etch, Evergreen, K&S & decals. These photos were taken 7/07 at the IPMS New Bern, NC. show. :arrow: BTW: the phone number on the sign has been changed to (919)894-2025) :!:

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby rampart on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Hey Tiny,

Any chance for an online store, online catalog, or maybe a mail out catalog? I am always looking for the next best thing to add to the mods.

If you already happen to have a catalog that can be mailed:

J.C. Stinson
2017 Aberdeen Ave.
Mckinney, Tx. 75070

let me know the cost and I am good for it.

Rampart
rampart

Postby Tiny 26 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:28 am

Free catalog (choice of print or cd) & web site in the works. With just the 2 of us, the catalog is taking longer than we hoped, due to additions. I think we're nearing the stopping point for this version & are going to go ahead & print it soon. I'll add you to our mailing list. Thanks for asking.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby rampart on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:38 am

Excellent,

I will be anxiously awaiting its arrival with credit card in hand.

Thanks again,

Rampart
rampart

Re: TINY the MODELER, Model Shop * UPDATE 2/29/08 *

Postby Tiny 26 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:03 pm

As of 2/21/08 we now carry the full line of Creations Unlimited products, including, but not limited to, liquid glue applicators, consisting of glass applicator tubes & 1 drop bottles in both straight needle & flexible needle. Flex-I-File sets & refill strips & Flex-I-Pad sanding sticks in x-tra Fine, Fine, Medium & Coarse grits. Also airbrush cleaning & measuring cups.

NOTE: The above applicators are designed for liquid glue only. They are NOT intended for super glues of any sort!!

PM with any questions or pricing about any of our product lines.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby Aaronw on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:33 pm

Just thought I'd give a plug for Tiny.

Awhile back I sent him a PM with some kits I was interested in. He didn't have all of them but between his stash, what he can order and what he was able to get at shows he was able to send me a good sized box which I got today. All in great shape and at really good prices. I'll definately be keeping him in mind for my future needs.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby RevnJeff on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:21 pm

I want to second the praise for Tiny. He's quick in responding to PM's, ships within a reasonable time, and packs things so nothing gets damaged. As far as I am concerned, he will get my business unless it's something I need to order specially from a manufacturer, like SSB, Cargostar, or the like.

Tiny, when you read this...let me know if you carry KFS #78 - Slam lock set. I need one of those...and if you have them, I will order it through you, if not, I will order through Spaulding.

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby Chris on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Those applicators that Tiny was talking about to me are a must have. I wear them out. The bottle type is much better than the needle, but if you are looking for something to get a clean joint between styrene, those are the key.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby hooknladderno1 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:30 am

Jeff,
Just FYI, Spaulding no longer carries the KFS slamlocks. If Tiny doesn't have them, your best bets are Dan's Model Truck World(Canada), or KFS directly in Great Britian. Howard Whitehead(KFS) is great to deal with. If you just need a small amount, you may be better off going with Dan's. If you can afford to get a few sets, stock up. They are well worth the price. What is really great, is that they fit flush on the surface, but have detail that makes them look great. I keep getting tempted to put a light wash on them to accentuate it just a little further. Just my two cents. Good luck.
Sincerely,

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Tiny 26 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:11 pm

:oops: Thanks for your kind words guys!! Karen & I try to do our best to make the hobby as affordable & enjoyable as we can.

Jeff, we don't carry KFS products, sorry.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby Chris on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:56 pm

David , hit them with that wash. Trust me. :D
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby FireFOX on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:53 pm

Tiny 26 wrote:Free catalog (choice of print or cd) & web site in the works....

Any progress on this Tiny?
Thanks
FireFOX

Re: TINY the MODELER, Model Shop * UPDATE 12/4/08 *

Postby Tiny 26 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:12 am

Progress yes, completion?? Not yet. I didn't realize how much stuff we have until I started typing at my blinding speed of 2 words a minute. Someone we all know has a website ready for us as soon as I finish.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby csp448 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:11 pm

Wow , your fingers must hurt like hell :twisted: :twisted: ;)
Pierre from Canada . Enjoy your hobby . Built some fun .
csp448
Captain
Captain

Postby Tiny 26 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:02 pm

On my best day I could only type 2 words a minute :lol: . Now my blistering pace is affected by Mr. Arther Ritis visiting my fingers on cold days. Hang in there, we're making progress.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Re: TINY the MODELER, Model Shop * UPDATE 3/3/09 *

Postby Tiny 26 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 am

We have wrapped up the catalog & it is being proof read. Once that is complete, it'll only take a few days to start mailing them out. I'll PM or email everyone that already requested a copy, to verify your address & type - cd disk or print. Anyone not already on the mailing list & wanting a copy, please PM or email me at the address in my signature, listing "Catalog" in the subject line. Our catalog is free & free updates will be mailed as we make them. This is a big step for Karen & myself, something we've been working on for quite a while & are excited to finally make it a reallity. Once the initial mailing is complete, the next priority is our website.

A BIG Thank You to everyone that has already ordered from us & we look forward to helping you & our newer friends in the future with your modeling needs.

Also, we'd like to Thank Chris for his help & support, without him we wouldn't be able to reach as many people as we have nor be able to take our next big step.

Thank You,
John & Karen Billmyer, Jr.
dba: TINY the MODELER

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby csp448 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Congrats to you and Karen , for a super job . Will you make web update on the cd version , or send a new cd every time you will have an update to report . Can't wait for my printed copy . Again congrats . From your friendly " ennemy " :twisted: ;) :lol: :lol:
Pierre from Canada . Enjoy your hobby . Built some fun .
csp448
Captain
Captain

Postby Tiny 26 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Pierre 'ol buddy once the web site is up, we'll update it & you'll get a email or PM letting you know. If someone still prefers the cd or print version, we'll send those.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby Aaronw on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm

You can't find better prices than Tiny's, if you can find a better deal, he'll eat a bug. :mrgreen:
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby cargostar on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 pm

he'll eat a bug????? :twisted: That sounds like a challenge!!! :twisted:
cargostar
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Pinolafire on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:34 am

Maybe one out of a Canadian Pine !!!
M :mrgreen: tt
Pinolafire

Re: TINY the MODELER, Model Shop * UPDATE 5/9/09 *

Postby Tiny 26 on Sat May 09, 2009 11:31 pm

A couple of things. First, the proofng of the catalog is taking much longer than anticipated. This is due to the fact that I made what seems like a million errors that are being corrected :oops: :x . Also, we just started selling Plastruct products, so it was decided to go ahead & add that now. Currently, we're only stocking diamondplate & treadplate, but we can order anything & we'll be stocking their very popular elbows & fittings in the near future.

Second, our supplier has jacked up their prices again on almost everything from kits to detailing supplies & everything in between. We, however, are NOT!! We're definitely going to make money vs losing it, but I learned a long time ago, when I was in the automobile business, the best way to make money is to keep prices affordable, (REALISTIC) & move a lot of units vs holding gross, trying to net a big proffit & product just sitting. The end of year results prove this. We all see it time & time again. Thick dust on overpriced kits & supplies, then listen to the griping about "nobody buying plastic models & related supplies". $110.00 for a dust covered Trumpeter ALF!! Is it any wonder why other shops sales are down?? This concludes my business philosophy lecture.

Bottom line, Karen & I appreciate the support we're getting here & we're going to do our part to keep modeling an affordable hobby. Also it's almost time for our 2nd SFH members only raffle. Thanks again for all the requests for our catalog. It IS comming & we think you'll find it worth the wait.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby Chris on Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 am

I thought you were just hung up trying to translate it to have a Canuk version.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby Tiny 26 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:47 am

Chris wrote:I thought you were just hung up trying to translate it to have a Canuk version.

I'm winging that version also, I think my French is comming along pretty good. Mair See Bo Koo. What'cha think?? ;)

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Next

Return to Member's Services