TTM Going Uptown !! * New Pix 9/29/11 *

Find Out What Some Of Our Members have To Offer

Moderators: zoomzoomzee, chariots of fire, Tiny 26, cargostar

TTM Going Uptown !! * New Pix 9/29/11 *

Postby Tiny 26 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:56 pm

Karen & I are excited to announce that we are opening a approx. 1800 sq.ft. retail store in Benson, NC. . After several months of negotiations with the land lord & dealing with city politics, we finally started moving in the Saturday before Christmas. In addition to the 2 of us, help consists of my main man KennyMac, my son John III & his friend Tripp. Since everybody, except me :oops: , has full time jobs, moving & set up will take awhile. We plan to open to the public late spring/early summer. In the meantime, we'll continue with the mail order & show business. Initially the public hours will be Wednesday -Saturday, 10:30am - 7:00pm all 4 days. Here's a few pix for starters.

102-B North Market St. Benson, NC. 10 minutes from the junction of I-40 & I-95, 5 minutes from I-95.
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26
SFH Abuse Collection Officer

Re: TTM Going Uptown !!

Postby Chris on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Cool! Congrats guys.

And only about a 7 hour ride for me, takes almost that to get to one of my normal shops in Atlanta near my office some days. :D
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby RevnJeff on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Congratulations Tiny!!!!

What's the Shop going to be called "Karen and What's His Name's Hobbies?" :lol: :lol:

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby Modelmaker on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Congrats Tiny.....you could have a naming contest ......Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby flashing light nut on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:33 am

Congradulations, Tiny!

Do you have any interior pictures to show?
flashing light nut

Postby GLMFAA1 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:34 am

Suggestion for that scraggly flower bed out front- red and white mums planted in the shape of a Maltese cross
Good luck in your store front entrepreneurial venture
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby cargostar on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Woo Hoo!!! Glad it finally came together for you!!!
cargostar

Postby Tiny 26 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks everybody!! It's a another dream come true for me. Most folks go through life & sadly never have their
one true dream see fruition & I've been blessed to have not 1, but 3!!

I wanted to name it Benson Hobbies, with TTM's mail order & shows a subdivision. Karen TOLD me that it will be named Tiny the Modeler to avoid confusion. It's Good To Be The King, but The Queen sits in the Big Chair. BTW: THank's for the abuse Rev.

I didn't post the interior pix I took due to the previous tenants stuff & junk laying around. I'll take new interior pix this week, wasn't smart enough to take any before we started moving in :oops: .

Since we're as close as your other guy Chris, c'mon up. You get the SFH Chief discount - 10% above retail :twisted: .

Thanks again for the support here, you guys had a hand in this coming about.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby RevnJeff on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Tiny 26 wrote:I wanted to name it Benson Hobbies, with TTM's mail order & shows a subdivision. Karen TOLD me that it will be named Tiny the Modeler to avoid confusion. It's Good To Be The King, but The Queen sits in the Big Chair. BTW: THank's for the abuse Rev.

No problem Tiny. You've been gone and there's been no body else to pick on. I am really happy that things seem to be working out so well. Prayers that this shop becomes BIG time, big enough to afford full page ads in magazines! Big enough to hire lots of help.

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby GLMFAA1 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Now for the abuse, Heck with new year's resolutions, I can see a sign in the window 'Loons welcome' shape as a maple leaf. Are you allow to modify the canopy? I would suggest a parade of apparatus along the bottom hem. Is the upstairs yours? or maybe get permission to make it a smoke jumper's parachute and hang a scale jumper from it or have it painted on the building. No ideas registered so have at em
Good Luck again
Greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby Pinolafire on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:34 pm

[quote="GLMFAA1"] I would suggest a parade of apparatus along the bottom hem. Is the upstairs yours? or maybe get permission to make it a smoke jumper's parachute and hang a scale jumper from it or have it painted on the building

That's a good idea.... and a great excuse to build ...errrr.... for the Business Karen.... for the Business...

Matt :mrgreen:
Pinolafire

Postby cargostar on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Do you need a Canadian flag to put in the window???
cargostar

Postby Tiny 26 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Youse guys are a bad influence on me - how's that for turnabout?? The entire upstairs is occupied by the
owner's business. Facing the building, a in-home health care is to the left & attorney to the right.

A few interior pix, the place is much bigger than it looks, the long wall counter will be
removed & part of it used as the top for the checkout. First 2 are rear storage room.

Yes, I have my own church pew.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Re: TTM Going Uptown !! * New Pix 1/5/11 *

Postby flashing light nut on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Wow. Talk about a large floorplan. I can't wait to see photos of the space full of hobby supplies.
flashing light nut

Postby cargostar on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Road Trip!!!!
cargostar

Postby Chris on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Cool. I think Karen may have other motives with the location of the other businesses, now if you get to be to much there is a health care facility on one side to bandage you up after she beats the tar out of you and the lawyers to do the paperwork.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby RevnJeff on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:21 pm

With the church pew, all you need is a full time chaplain to offer absolution for spending too much. I just happen to know of one who would relocate for a reasonable salary and benefits :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby chariots of fire on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:28 pm

I think you need to repaint the front under the umbrella to look like a set of old horsedrawn era firehouse doors and then put an alarm box to the side. :lol: :roll:
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Postby hooknladderno1 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 am

chariots of fire wrote:I think you need to repaint the front under the umbrella to look like a set of old horsedrawn era firehouse doors and then put an alarm box to the side. :lol: :roll:

I like Charlie's idea! As it is a rental property, don't know how much control you have over the exterior, but it would be really cool if you could remove the awnings and replace them with a faux painted sign to look like cast concrete - "Tiny the Modeler" Engine Co. No. 1"...(or my favorite - Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1) :D

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1

Re: TTM Going Uptown !! * New Pix 4/2/11 *

Postby Tiny 26 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:48 pm

We're making a lot of progress & plan to open by 5/14/11 the day of the IPMS Eagal Squadron's show just outside of Raleigh. This will be a 1 day Regional event held at Wake Technical Institute on 401 South between Garner & Fuquay Varina, NC. We're almost ready to paint the walls in the sales room & install the shelves. Then the fun starts - complete inventory, stocking the shelves in the sales room, setting up the computer, phones, cash register, etc. Here's some updated pix. More to come after painting.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby RevnJeff on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on the progress. Looks great...and someone who sells Tamiya paint...(And Robin and his men had a feast...and there was great rejoicing!)

Can't wait til you open. Wish I could shop in person.

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby ChrisMooney on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Tiny Nice to hear from you!! glad everything is going well
ChrisMooney

Postby csp448 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Hey Bro , it's going to be one heck of a place to go :D 8-) :lol: BTW , is there going to be '' free café '' and nice little donughts . Take care , my friend . :twisted: :mrgreen:
Pierre from Canada . Enjoy your hobby . Built some fun .
csp448
Captain
Captain

Postby Modelmaker on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Looks great Tiny.....Wish I could come there in person too.....I just have to settle for mail order......Gary :D
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker

Postby hooknladderno1 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Tiny,
Glad to hear things are going well. Can't wait to see the shop all set up. Best wishes to you and Karen on the new store! :D

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1

Next

Return to Member's Services