Custom decals for diecast trucks

Find Out What Some Of Our Members have To Offer

Moderators: zoomzoomzee, chariots of fire, Tiny 26, cargostar

Custom decals for diecast trucks

Postby vmfa on Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:00 pm

If you need custom decals with your departments name and logos you may want to check out http://www.diecastanddecals.com
We can print in metallic gold and silver as well as white. Outlines and shawdowing-no problem. We can make them look like the decals on your departments trucks so you can replicate your trucks in die cast. Questions? email:schulte@bright.net. Thanks, Joe Schulte
vmfa

Re: Custom decals for diecast trucks

Postby Jeff_C on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Hey Joe,

Welcome back.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Jeff_C
SFH Battallion Chief - Gallery Operations
SFH Battallion Chief - Gallery Operations

Postby cargostar on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:59 pm

Welcome Back! I know, I still need to finish my artwork! :oops:
cargostar
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby vmfa on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:53 pm

By the way folks, if you want to print your own decals and have questions about it just email me I will be glad to help you all out. Good to be back on the new forum. Very nice layout, Joe http://www.diecastanddecals.com.
email : schulte@bright.net
vmfa

Postby Smokin Models on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 pm

sweeet now i have somewhere to have decals made for my Jupiter Lakes FD!!!!
Smokin Models

Postby cargostar on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Got my decals from Joe. Excellent service and an excellent product!
cargostar

Postby Highlandfire08 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:40 am

Hi everyone
Im Andrew from Scotland UK does anyone do decals for UK emegency vehicals

Thank you

Andrew :D
Highlandfire08

Postby hooknladderno1 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Andrew,
I don't know of anyone in the States doing UK decals. Probably something that you would have to have done custom. Although, your colorful paint schemes and chevrons/checkerboard graphics are becoming more popular here across the pond.

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1

Postby Firemanstu on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:25 pm

No matter where you go, there you are.
Firemanstu
Engineer

Postby RevnJeff on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:49 pm

I am currently working with Joe on sheets for the Augsburg Fire Department. I want to tell you, I doubt you will find someone who is so easy to work with. We have been exchanging emails regarding what I want, colors, sizes of lettering. Each time there's confusion, it's because I wasn't specific on what I want.

He's reworked both my logos to be cleaner looking.
And the price is really good for custom decals. And while I thought I could "get away with" homemade decals, using the Color Copier at Office Max, I just get fed up with transparent decals dictating the color of apparatus, and either cloudy decals because the sealer clouded, or too thick from too much sealer, or SUPER fragile, from not enough sealer. Forget it.

The other thing that amazes me is how much lettering you can put on a single sheet.

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby Tiny 26 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:50 am

Sounds good Jeff, as soon as I get caught up, Joe's gonna be the official sign shop for City of St. John F.D. & Tayleborde - Ryder V.F.D.
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26
SFH Abuse Collection Officer

Postby R H on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 am

Tiny 26 wrote:Tayleborde - Ryder V.F.D.

I like it! :D
R H

Postby Aaronw on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:37 am

RevnJeff wrote:I am currently working with Joe on sheets for the Augsburg Fire Department. I want to tell you, I doubt you will find someone who is so easy to work with. We have been exchanging emails regarding what I want, colors, sizes of lettering. Each time there's confusion, it's because I wasn't specific on what I want.

He's reworked both my logos to be cleaner looking.
And the price is really good for custom decals. And while I thought I could "get away with" homemade decals, using the Color Copier at Office Max, I just get fed up with transparent decals dictating the color of apparatus, and either cloudy decals because the sealer clouded, or too thick from too much sealer, or SUPER fragile, from not enough sealer. Forget it.

The other thing that amazes me is how much lettering you can put on a single sheet.

Jeff

I had a similar experience but I had done my own art work. He'd send it back with directions on how to fix this problem or that problem. I not only got nice decals, I learned a ton about designing decals.

As far as what you can fit on a sheet, I agree. At first I though the price was a bit high but once I actually saw what I got, I realized it worked out to about $2-3 per model.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby Tiny 26 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks Rob, I've got the kits, but havn't started anything with this dept. yet. Strictly rural X Rd.s type VFD, time frame the late 60's - late 70's.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby RevnJeff on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:49 pm

I need to give a round of applause to Joe again. I spent the last week or so working with him on new decals for the Augsburg Fire Department. We must have exchanged over a dozen emails, discussing what I wanted, how I wanted it to look and the right colors and fonts and everything.

Joe "fixed" some issues there were with my artwork, and of course charged me for his time, but frankly, it was WELL WORTH it. I ordered 2 sheets and figure I can letter MANY MANY pieces of equipment. So, it really was a reasonable price when all was said and done.

In fact, I have used Joe's decals on the Tanker that I am posting in "In Progress."

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby Tiny 26 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:35 pm

The decals look great on it!!

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby vmfa on Wed May 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Hey Guys, was just skimming through the forum and happened across these exchanges about my work.
I really apprecaite the nice compliments. My goal is to try and give you guys exactly what you want.
Sometimes it takes a lot of back and forth email and sometimes phone calls to get it all to come together properly but eventually it usually does. Sometimes better than others!

Been off work this spring due to shoulder surgery and do back to work the end of June so it has given me a lot of time to devote to the decal business and get rid of the two month backlog I had in Jan. A hint of what retirement is like and I don't miss going to work driving a semi truck delivering gasoline. But as my wife said if all I do is decals I will go insane so she suggested when I retire have some other kind of outside job as well. I think she is right. Sometimes the decal stuff gets stressful trying to get it to come out right.

Spring is here-get outside. I am gonna be riding my motorcyle. Joe http://www.diecastanddecals.com
vmfa

Postby Tiny 26 on Wed May 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Glad to hear your getting over your surgery OK Joe. Keep up the good work with the decals, but don't let it stress you out.

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby cargostar on Wed May 13, 2009 6:20 pm

You will be getting more of my business.......when I have some built and painted!
cargostar

Postby hooknladderno1 on Thu May 14, 2009 1:05 am

Joe,
Glad to hear you are doing better. I too have several projects underway. I will be needing your fine services again. I will contact you soon. In the mean time, happy riding, and be safe. Take care.
Sincerely,

David
hooknladderno1

Postby hooknladderno1 on Thu May 14, 2009 1:07 am

Joe,
Glad to hear you are doing better. I too have several projects underway. I will be needing your fine services again. I will contact you soon. In the mean time, happy riding, and be safe. Take care.
Sincerely,

David
hooknladderno1

Return to Member's Services