AMT Pumper Re-Release

General Model Discussion

AMT Pumper Re-Release

Postby Lyonsperf on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Got this email today from Round2 http://www.autoworldstore.com/product_p/amt1053.htm

A Little steep but worth it if the quality is there
Lyonsperf
Firefighter

Re: AMT Pumper Re-Release

Postby GLMFAA1 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 pm

It's nice that they are re re re re releasing the kit. Now my turn to be the grumpy old man. The kit has some flaws to it when it came to a finished pumper. First the rear view mirrors are all wrong and when attached according to the directions the door would not open. Second flaw is in the directions where it shows the end couplings of the hard suction hoses as being put on backwards. It's nice that they went back to the amber and red trees, the amber turn signal lens needs to be sanded down to match the bezel it sits in. The vehicle is now 47 years old, American LaFrance is out of business, Hopefully they give your more (scale 40') of the vinyl tubing for the booster reels. The price is in line with the current re releases of truck kits from that era. Some where the written customer concerns were lost to the ages.
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby jimb on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:15 am

Here is a thread on correcting the AMT Pumper's issues: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=68
Jim

Chittenango Fire Department
Sullivan Fire District #1
http://chittenangofire.org

Real heros don't wear capes!
jimb
Captain
Captain

Postby hawkdoc60 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:56 pm

This is great and all, but it is time for someone else to take Trumpeter's lead and create more modern apparatus, especially other brands, such as Pierce and Seagrave.
hawkdoc60
Probie

Postby chariots of fire on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Unfortunately I don't think there would be much call for new stuff. Just look at the board here and check out the number of recent posts. I think we are in a modeling slump for the time being. It may come back but it would take a real upsurge in interest to get a new cab started. Guys like Zoli have done remarkable work scratch building both Seagrave and Pierce cabs and that may be the only way for a while.
There are still possibilities with a limited number of commercial cabs such as the Mack R, the IH S Series.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Return to The Truck Bay