Speedway 2017 Fire Truck

General Model Discussion

Speedway 2017 Fire Truck

Postby RickW on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Saw this online the other day and thought it had potential. Picked one up today for $20 in-store and it's not that bad. I thought it might be an engine, but I think it is supposed to be a rescue unit. Could be converted to a tanker or tender easily. May pick up one or two more.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Speedway- ... SwjyhZ~Gx4
RickW
Firefighter

Re: Speedway 2017 Fire Truck

Postby chariots of fire on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:14 pm

There's potential. Do some cutting on the top of the body for a hose bed, put on a new pump panel and it would enhance its appearance a lot.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby explorer2770 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:55 pm

I picked one up on Friday. Its a decent starting point for a model. The light bar is molded to the cab roof and the lip edge for the ladder is molded to the rear body, there are three push buttons to activates the lights and sirens in the cab roof that will need to be filled, and there is no interior to the cab. But the pump panel and hose bed are removable, which allows these areas to be customized. The Trumpeter ALF pump panel does not fit as a replacement, so I'll probably make my own.

Image20171126_201903[1] by Brandon VanNess, on Flickr

You can order these online direct from Speedway/First Gear. https://www.firstgearonline.com/private ... ay/79-0583

If you want to use this for other projects, you will need to do some work and you will have to work around the mounting block at the back of the cab. The chassis is one piece with solid metal axles, so keep a saw handy if you want to shorten it up.
explorer2770
Engineer

Postby RickW on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:46 am

Thanks Brandon! I haven't had time to look at it that close yet. Your work shows the potential with this rig. Think I'll pick a couple more up now.
RickW
Firefighter

Return to The Truck Bay