AMT Kit Prices?

General Model Discussion

AMT Kit Prices?

Postby Lyonsperf on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Been out of it for a while, but what the heck is going on with the price of the AMT fire truck kits?
I saw a Aero Chief kit, new in the box for $175.00!!!
I bid on a Alf Pumper kit on ebay, was the highest bidder at $16.95 until the last minute when the bids started coming in like crazy. Ended up losing and it sold for $35.00 plus shipping!

I wish someone would start making these kits again.
Lyonsperf
Firefighter

Re: AMT Kit Prices?

Postby GLMFAA1 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Those prices are what would probably be the retail price if those kits were repopped
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Modelmaker on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Greg, which price the $35 or the $175.......just wondering....because in my opinion kits made from those old molds aren't worth $175....I could see $35 to $50 for a re-pop.....JMHO...Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby traumahawk05 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:52 pm

I know a store in Lancaster, OH that has the 2001 Code Red issue Aerochief for $60, in the original wrapping with about 13 years of dust and grime on it.

Wasn't the most recent release, the 2001 issues, fueled by Model King before the collapse of AMT/Ertl? I know that I passed on a few of these kits when I had the chance and really wish I hadn't. I recall some people complaining about the kits being $40-80 in the stores, but at least HL was carrying them and you could pick them up with 50% coupons up until '05.

Too bad we won't see any repops of these kits since ALF went belly up. I expect Round2 would have a very difficult time getting the licensing to repop these kits, even though Round2 has re-lit the truck market with all of their recent re-pops.

Maybe Round2 can pair the kit bodies with their Ford C cabs and market them as generic fire trucks, without the ALF details. Of course, I would rather see Moebius can get permission for a Pierce Responder, Type III Wildland rig, or something similar on a Navistar Durastar quad cab chassis, but that's just me.
traumahawk05

Postby maxwell48098 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:34 pm

I've got several of each of the releases of all of the AMT ALF 1000 series kits. I've been selling them in the $45 - $60 range. If a buyer is willing to buy 3 or more at a time, I even throw in shipping to the lower 48 states. I also have most of the fire and police related vehicles released by Revell, Heller, Esci, Italeri, and Monogram, plus others.

If you are ever looking for something drop me a note at maxwell48098@yahoo.com. I just may have what you want.

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Return to The Truck Bay