Hiring a Modeler

General Model Discussion

Hiring a Modeler

Postby AnthonyV on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Greetings all.

My name is Anthony and I'm a Driver/Engineer for Hollywood Fire Rescue, and historian for the HPFF1375. As such, I'm putting together a museum display to showcase our old equipment as well as apparatus past an present. I'm looking for builders who are willing to get paid to build our historical apparatus (I have all photos and such) to be placed in the museum display.

In the interest of cost-savings, there won't be a need for detailed interiors, and I'm even thinking we can handle the paint and decals ourselves. Each piece will be behind glass, so the need for ultra detail won't be of grand importance. I'm unsure of the scale we're looking for, but as a reference, I'd like our smallest apparatus (our Ambulance) to be no smaller than 8" long, and everything else will be scaled to it. We're looking to build no less than 5 models to start. Your name will also be credited for the build and will go on the accompanying brass plaque.

Please let us know if anyone here is up for the task, and/or if you can steer us in the right direction to someone how can/is. We're a non-profit organization, so we'd like reasonable prices.

Thanks again guys, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Anthony
HPFF 1375
AnthonyV

Return to The Truck Bay