What size hose?

General Model Discussion

What size hose?

Postby Lyonsperf on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:42 am

Can anyone tell me what size the hose is on the front of this truck?

What would it be in 1/25 scale and what size tubing should I use to make the couplers?
Thanks!
Lyonsperf
Firefighter

Re: What size hose?

Postby chariots of fire on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:37 pm

I see two possibilities. The booster hose is probably 1" ID which would make the OD probably 1-1/4". I use small electrical wire with red insulation for that. Probably 1/16" dia would work best. For the cross lays they are probably 1-1/2" cotton jacket hose. I'd use 1/8" flat sewing elastic for those and you can find it in any sewing shop or any store that carries sewing materials etc.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby GLMFAA1 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:20 am

Looks like 4 inch soft suction to me. in scale 4 mm in diameter. Use the Hard suction ends from the AMT kit, the end that is the female would be in the tray and the male end on the pipe
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Lyonsperf on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:12 am

Thanks guys!
Lyonsperf
Firefighter

Postby Lyonsperf on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:43 am

FYI, i found that the single Lego studs that come with most of the ir building kits work well for soft suction couplers.
I sand the male end off that has the lego name on it and then drill out the hole!
A quick coat of silver paint and some super glue and you have a coupler.

They have many other parts that lend themselves to our building, but my kids don't appreciate me raiding their toys!
Lyonsperf
Firefighter

Return to The Truck Bay