Just the usual in EMS

Off Topic Discussion - No Political Or Religious Topics Please

Just the usual in EMS

Postby GLMFAA1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:24 pm

If you have ever worked in EMS there are those premonitions that you have and I tell my partners that if you talk about it you will get it. I call it ESPEE (Extra Sensory Perception to Emergency Event). The other day we were dispatched for a party with back pain in a car in a parking lot. At our arrival we find the party sitting in the drivers side with the seat fully reclined and his feet on the dashboard. Now how in the Sam Heck are we going to get him out. During the interrogation we find out that this person is a fire/medic from another city and that his injury was from extrication of a person at an MVC. Now I am really upset that this guy would impose on other EMS personnel to extricate himfrom that God awful position. Well to make a short story long, we get him out and transport to the hospital. When we get to the hospital we are talking shop and equipment for extrication like the new Stryker stair chairs. The party mentions that someone needs to invent a device to extricate victims from between the bathtub and toilet. When we clear the hospital we get a call for a syncopal episode. When we get on the scene where do you think we found our victim?
Last edited by GLMFAA1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: Just the usual in EMS

Postby foothill6514 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 am

Isn't funny how things like that happen? The other night, we stopped to get food. My total was $11.44. I asked the cashier if she could charge me a penny more. She just looked at me with a strange look. My newbie partner had the same look. I explained that was a bad omen. Sure even our next call was a code. Imagine that!
foothill6514
Firefighter

Re: Just the usual in EMS

Postby Modelmaker on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 am

WOW....that's weird .....as in Twilight Zone Weird......Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Return to The Day Room