Problems with posting pictures.

Off Topic Discussion - No Political Or Religious Topics Please

Problems with posting pictures.

Postby Robbo on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Last year I tried to find answers by posting this item in the 'Feedback' section, with no result.
After the SFH web site was sabotaged, I could no longer post pictures to my topic, so reverted to posting a link to my Photo Bucket site. The pictures previously showing on my other posts, also disappeared, leaving only the captions for them. I noticed that this has also occurred with some other members' posts.
The section at the bottom of the post for uploading pictures and supplying captions for them, is non-existent.
I have gone into 'My Control Panel' and see no way of rectifying this problem. Can someone please rectify this.

Cheers from Robbo. :)
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Problems with posting pictures.

Postby Aaronw on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:31 pm

That is very odd, I use Photobucket and haven't had any issues posting images.

Chris left me with a spare set of keys to the place, but unfortunately I'm not much help with the technical side of things.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby GLMFAA1 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Sorry your having trouble, I did this after photobucket changed, you might try this tutorial.
greg
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6163
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Robbo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:18 am

Thank you for the tips. However, the problem is not with Photobucket. I usually upload direct from my computer to the SFH website. It is with the Scale Firehouse website that I have a problem with.
All I have visible for posting is the 'POST A REPLY' window which I am now using. I have 'Save', 'Preview' and ' Submit' buttons.
Underneath I have the 'Options' with the 5 check boxes, Disable BB code, Disable smiles etc.
Previously, when the site was working OK, I also had a section for uploading pictures and giving them titles.

I use other modelling websites for space craft and there is no problem with these. They have the necessary facility for uploading pictures the same as I originally had with the SFH website.

Cheers again from Robbo.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby traumahawk05 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Robbo, the direct upload feature was removed after the last round of cyber attacks. The only way to post photos to a thread are to link them via Photobucket or fotki.
traumahawk05

Postby Robbo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Thankyou traumahawk05 for the information. However, I notice numerous recent posts have pictures uploaded to the SFH site.

Cheers from Robbo.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby traumahawk05 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Robbo,
Good luck on your journey to get this issue fixed. I haven't had an upload feature on any of my posts or new topics since I joined. I noticed that a lot of guys have lost their photos, which is a shame. I even checked some of the older posts with the little paperclip that meant a photo was attached and all of those photos are gone. All of the photos I see in the "In Progress" and "Display Case" contain embedded photos from Photobucket or Fotki via [img][ /img] tagging of the link.
Again, good luck on this endeavor.
traumahawk05

Postby Aaronw on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Are you copying the IMG link on your photobucket? It should be a simple copy and paste of the link, no upload required.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby Robbo on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:19 am

Hi Aaronw, thank you for the information. I do not have any problem with posting a link to or from the Photobucket site. I cannot upload pictures directly to the SFH site from my computer or from Photobucket. The facility is just not there as stated by others. This facility has been withdrawn. However I see new pictures posted in 'Progress' and 'Showcase'.
It is nice to be able to see the pictures without having to use a link to go to the Photobucket site to view them.
Unless I'm missing something in my 75 years of age, I guess that I will just have to put up with it.

Cheers from a frustrated Robbo.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby chariots of fire on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:30 am

I use photobucket also. Are you logged in so you can upload to them? Under the photos there are 3 choices that you can click on for copying and pasting to SFH. Use the bottom one. Click on it, click copy and then paste into your post directly. When you preview your post the picture should come up. Don't worry about all of the options at the bottom of the SFH page. They have nothing to do with posting pics. Hope this helps.
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Robbo on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Thank you chariots of fire, this sounds like the real deal and I will try this in future.

Cheers from Robbo.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to The Day Room