Asheville, NC. LODD * UPDATE 12/3/11 *

Real World Emergency Services Discussion

Asheville, NC. LODD * UPDATE 12/3/11 *

Postby Tiny 26 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Sadly our Brothers in Asheville lost 1 member & 8 injured at a fire in a 5 story medical office building. According to the local news, they became disoriented in the heavy smoke & died of smoke inhalation. Ain't no such thing as a "routine" fire. (my comment)
Last edited by Tiny 26 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26
SFH Abuse Collection Officer

Re: Asheville, NC. LODD

Postby Modelmaker on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 pm

My Condolences for the lost member and may the 8 injured recover quickly......Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: Asheville, NC. LODD

Postby Tiny 26 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Late update, but they are looking for "a person of interest", as this fire was determined to have been intentionaly set. I understand they plan to charge the person, if/when caught with murder!!

:x By the way, since I'm less than politically correct, what the hell ever happened to the term SUSPECT!?!?! Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings I guess :x

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Re: Asheville, NC. LODD * UPDATE 12/3/11 *

Postby Modelmaker on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:40 am

Tiny and Group....In our area a "person of Interest" isn't always the suspect but could be a witness who saw who did the crime....and they want to talk to this person to get a description of the suspect.....as for charging the person who started the fire with Murder most definitely as Firefighter has died as a result of this fire being intentionally set......Gary......
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
Modelmaker

Postby FF10129 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 am

never good to lose FF's , ESP this time of year, thoughts are for the family, and other injured FF's
I hope they catch the guy and nail him good!! to bad the death penalty isn't automatic!

Dom
FF10129
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby RevnJeff on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:15 pm

In my opinion (even as Board Chaplain), I can't think of a better punishment for Arson that results in a death than to tie this scumbag (I refuse to call it a person) in a lumber pile soaked with diesel fuel or creosote and light the lumber pile. :evil:

We now return to our mild mannered Chaplain.... :D

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby Tiny 26 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:55 pm

In my non-politically correct haste I didn't think of that Gary. In my area it does seem to relate more to a suspect rather than someone with information. With my 2 new store bought knees, I jumped on my soap box too quick - still ain't used to'm :twisted: .

:twisted: might even head way north & challenge my buddy Pierre to a foot race :twisted: . Glad to hear yer doing better Brother!!

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby Modelmaker on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:58 am

That ok Tiny "Person of Interest" can and does mean different things in different areas of the country.....or even from one agency to another in the same region ......either way I hope they catch the person who started the fire and prosecute him/her to the fullest extant possible......Gary
Modelmaker

Return to Shop Talk