LE NO MORE

Real World Emergency Services Discussion

LE NO MORE

Postby FDFF BUILDER on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 am

Today is the last day that the FDEP's Law Enforcement Disvision is in existance. The Legislature has combined FDEP Park Patrol, and the Bureau of Environmantal Investigations with the Florida Fish & Wildlife Commision (FWC). Other State LE agencies are also combining with FWC (all except FHP, and I believe FDOT Commercial Vehicle Enforcement).

Yesterday we turned in equipment, and any hats, shirts, vests, jackets, gear that had either a badge, or "State Law Enforcement" & "Police" script emblazoned on article (including IDs and business cards). Vehicles remaining with FDEP have had their door badges removed, and LE script.

The Bureau of Emergency Response (BER) remains within our agency, but the vehicles look odd with no door badges. I remain Technical Advisor (months of LE academy down the drain), but now we are a regulatory agency only.

I guess consolidating agencies is the wave of the future in these economic times.

DEP DURANGO (Current-ending 6/30/12 "STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT" script)

DEP DURANGO (Model with older "STATE OFFICER" script) Now I need a new subject for my modeling hobby.Image
FDFF BUILDER

Re: LE NO MORE

Postby ChrisMooney on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 am

wow.. talk about a kick to the nuts..
ChrisMooney

Postby FIREMODELMAN on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:47 am

I realize this is an older post, but the comment you made about combining agencies in these hard times, There was a local news story on the other night about a local township thinking of combining the police and fire dept's together. They actually want to make the policemen train to be firefighters. IDIODIC,in my opinion. :( :(
FIREMODELMAN

Postby Robbo on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:36 am

Well as Gary quotes,
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant". Here in South Australia it is alive and well. The State Government decided to cut costs by combing numerous government agencies and placing them under one umbrella. The exercise was to cut millions of dollars from the budget. However, the result, after a couple of years, has resulted in more public service jobs and an increase in costs. They also tried stationing ambulance crews and fire fighters together, to cut down on the number of fire/ambulance stations.
So best of luck and I trust that there are no serious cutbacks in personnel.

Robbo.
If it's not broken, then don't try to fix it. If it is broken then only one tool and aids are required: A hammer if it's tight and Blu-Tack if it's loose.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Shop Talk