1954 Maxim 750 Pumper

Post Your Works In Progress

Re: 1954 Maxim 750 Pumper

Postby chariots of fire on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:45 pm

As you can see the details are beginning to pile up. The last one which was done yesterday is the turned aluminum siren on the left front fender. It has a photoetched grill work in the middle and the end was drilled out, filled with clear epoxy and then painted with Tamiya clear red for the lens. This side of the truck is essentially complete. Still to go on the other side is the ladder rack and aluminum ladders, an axe and brackets, fire extinguisher. On the rear the spotlights and hand rails need to be installed. Then the hose bed gets filled and then covered with "plywood" covers and canvas flaps. On the front the windshield wipers need to be made up and installed.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby chariots of fire on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:47 pm

We're almost there! The trolls have been working a bit of OT to get things done. The last thing will be to finish off the hose bed and access to the rear seat. Then we will place it all in the finished category!
The little tool in front of the truck is the "Official Door Opener". I dressed it up a bit with an eagle and some gold leaf! :D
So instead of using fingers or tweezers to open the cab doors, you can just turn the handle with it and they will open.
The right side of the rig is pretty Spartan but that is the way the original truck was. Strictly business.
A look at the back shows the hand rails, tail lights, rollers for the booster hose, the extinguisher and axe all in position. The hose covers are sheet plastic stock made to look like painted plywood as the full size ones were. And they used sewn canvas as covers for the back.
With one cover removed the hose load is open for inspection. It's not as full as it looks! The first two layers are short folded pieces about 1" long. Behind them is a plastic box. The succeeding layers are on top and helps to save on sewing elastic! The trolls didn't cheat, I did! 8-)
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Postby GLMFAA1 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:10 pm

OK I'm done on detailing, Charlie is the KING all hail the king, long live the king, A tag on the extinguisher.... I'm sure it's got the printing on it and dates written on it,

greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby MMFAAFireModel on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Wow, another gem from the Chariots of Fire Shops. Looking forward to seeing it next month at NNL-East.
Ed O'Connell
Spammer Slayer Extrordinaire

Guarding the door to the firehouse, keeping the spammers out.
Thousands of spammers "slain" since May 2010
MMFAAFireModel
Spammer Slayer
Spammer Slayer

Postby chariots of fire on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:04 am

GLMFAA1 wrote:OK I'm done on detailing, Charlie is the KING all hail the king, long live the king, A tag on the extinguisher.... I'm sure it's got the printing on it and dates written on it,

greg

Not sayin' whether the tag has been inspected and updated. 8-)
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Previous

Return to In Progress