IH Loadstar Brush Truck

Post Your Works In Progress

IH Loadstar Brush Truck

Postby chariots of fire on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:21 pm

I finished up an International Loadstar dump truck mainly as a trial run to see how the resin casting from AITM would look. I think it is pretty well done. So now I can look forward to some detailing of the next Loadstar for this rig. I've already begun to cut out the doors and have taken the hood apart so that it will open like the butterfly hood that it is. In progress photos will be posted along the way.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: IH Loadstar Brush Truck

Postby Robbo on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi Charlie. Looks like another good looking project is well on the way.

Cheers, Robbo.
If it's not broken, then don't try to fix it. If it is broken then only one tool and aids are required: A hammer if it's tight and Blu-Tack if it's loose.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby chariots of fire on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am

I did a bit on the hood pieces making up some hinges with brass tubing and strip stock. Finicky sort of work but I got it done. Will post some pics. Cutting the doors out reveals some irregularities in thickness of the master that was used for the Loadstar. Once they are smoothed up work will begin on making hinges for them also.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Postby chariots of fire on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Here are some photos of the work to date. Hinges were made of slices of brass tubing that were soldered to flat stock. On the other end of the sliced tubing a piece of 0.018" diameter brass tubing was also soldered. Using sliced brass tubing as the curved section of each hinge assured that they would match during the building process.
ImageHosted on Fotki
More detail can now be added to the underside of the hood pieces.
ImageHosted on Fotki
ImageHosted on Fotki
This is how the hood looks with the center temporarily set in place with some guide pins. Eventually the hood will be made with working rods that keep the hood sides up for display.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Return to In Progress