No model left behind in 2009

Join In On A Group Build, Or Start One Up

Re: No model left behind in 2009

Postby Pinolafire on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Tim I use photobucket ...or any other free photo host site will work Fotki webshots.... so on and so forth
Chris has added a do hicky that should allow photo posting as an attachment but I had'nt figured that out yet

Can't wait to see your new stuff

Matt :mrgreen:
Pinolafire

Postby R H on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Actually, a photo hosting site is no longer required (but can be useful)! If you use the "POSTREPLY" link at the bottom instead of the quick post box (POST A REPLY), there is a way. Below the box where you put your text (and below the save, preview, and submit buttons), there are 2 tabs, one is labeled "Upload attachment" click that tab and you can browse for your picture. Make sure you click "Add the file" button.

Also, you can pot your projects in the "In Progress" section if they still need work, or the "Display Case" if they are done.

Hope this helps!
R H

Postby hooknladderno1 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Tim,
I'm glad that I still have both the Aerialscope project in 1/32 that I had started, as well as the plans that I had enlarged up to 1/25 scale.

Another newer glue that one of the guys here turned me on to is Locktite Superglue Gel . It is great because you have much better control over where you put it. The type of cap keeps it from getting dried out or clogged. It is readily available and inexpensive. I haven't tried the Gator or Gorilla glues yet.

Everyone has their preference for posting photos. I have a freee Photobucket account. I simply upload the photos from my computer to the site. Once uploaded, you scroll over the image. It gives you 4 different link options. For this forum, I select(copy) the bottom one(IMG) code, and paste it into the text of my message. That is what works for me. I know that there are other ways to do it as well, and no doubt you will get other feedback. Can't wait to see your pictures, and look forward to your contributions. Again, it's great to have you back!

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby old imagineer 501 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 pm

I just repaired this over the weekend. Pat Covert, who is known for his hot rod and custom models, was busting me about building fire apparatus and claimed that building hod rods and customs was actually harder. I took his dare that if I built a hot rod, he would let me do the how-to articles in a column he had in the IPMS Journal at the time. "Any topic?" I asked. "Any, just as long as it's a hot rod," he said. He flipped when he saw it - got a good laugh out of both of us. The plates on it say "SOSUME" - So Sue Me - Pat got the joke right away.
Cinderbug 001.JPG

Cinderbug 007.JPG
old imagineer 501

Postby maxwell48098 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Here's my Cinderbug, the stock version. Built back in 1979, I think. Paint is actually Testors dark red, but it looks bright in these images.

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Postby old imagineer 501 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:59 pm

A.J., That's NICE. Very clean. Your chrome work looks especially good. Nice Job!
old imagineer 501

Postby cargostar on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm

They're both really cool!
cargostar

Postby R H on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:08 am

Cute little rigs.
R H

Postby old imagineer 501 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:24 pm

I finished repairing another old gem. This model of Roselle, NJ's Squad 7 was my first fire apparatus model and conversion. The tires were a bug-a-boo until I started thinking outside the box. No pun intended, but I was going nuts looking for 1/25th scale truck tires that were the right size, until it finally dawned on me to forget the scale - just look for something that appeared to be the right size. Turned out to be tires from a 1/35th scale duce and a half.

I also found the original negatives of the walk-around of the real truck and I'll post these as soon as the new scanner gets here.

For more photos of the model, go to www.oldimagineer.info .
old imagineer 501

Postby R H on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:05 am

Really cool Tim!
R H

Postby cargostar on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Nice! Looks like it was a fairly easy rehab!
cargostar

Postby old imagineer 501 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:38 am

Yeah, it was. (I'm glad too. It would have broken my heart if it was banged up worse than it was.) The P-12 is on the bench now, also not so bad but I have to make a new ladder support on one end. The LAC Tasc Tanker I did for @#$! %^&*$ Magazine years ago is another story. It went down a flight of stairs and I'm not sure I have all the parts. :o :oops: :roll: I'll send photos later today. I dug the big LAC tanker out a few days ago and I'll get something up on this as well - that's lookin' pretty good!
old imagineer 501

Postby maxwell48098 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:14 am

Tim,
I love it! Great to see others preserving model fire apparatus.

Thanks,

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Postby old imagineer 501 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:51 pm

OK, here some shots of the LAC Tanker in progress. I'm really psyched to get this finished now.
old imagineer 501

Previous

Return to Group Builds