No model left behind in 2009

Join In On A Group Build, Or Start One Up

Re: No model left behind in 2009

Postby Pinolafire on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Aaronw wrote:You know it is a shame how people will toss stuff out without thinking. I've learned to hang out when retiring guys are clearing out their offices,

True, I scored three WWII postcards never used.....and a handful of USMC Drill instructors t-shirts that you can't find anymore and my Dad's Korean War era USMC Infantryman's Combat Ops handbook and a small shoe box of patches that aren't easy to find

Matt :mrgreen:
Pinolafire

Postby Tiny 26 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:17 am

I've got some fire magazines from the 30s & 40s, a Cairns catalog from the 50s & a couple of old helmets thet I saved from the dumpster.
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26
SFH Abuse Collection Officer

Postby mjohansen11 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Count me in as well. This just might get me to continue on my ALF Areo Chief project from two years ago.
mjohansen11

Postby battalion 18 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:56 pm

im in for about 3-4
battalion 18

Postby Fire Medic 368 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:33 pm

What the heck, I'm in for several that have stalled for 2-3 years...Now where I did pack those model supplies after the move? :?
Fire Medic 368

Postby hooknladderno1 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:47 pm

I posted an update on my Mack RD/Pierce tanker in the "In Progress" section.

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Daveski25 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:26 am

I started a chevy mini pumper a few years ago based on a 1979 chevy 4x4 pickup kit. I got as far a lengthening the chassis, adding one ton wheels and building an extended front bumper ( I wanted to make a front mount pumper) and and then it got put on a shelf and there it has sat for 3 years. Does that count?

Dave
Changing the world one Model Fire Truck at a Time!
Daveski25
Scale Firehouse Addict
Scale Firehouse Addict

Postby hooknladderno1 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:36 am

I started a chevy mini pumper a few years ago based on a 1979 chevy 4x4 pickup kit. I got as far a lengthening the chassis, adding one ton wheels and building an extended front bumper ( I wanted to make a front mount pumper) and and then it got put on a shelf and there it has sat for 3 years. Does that count?

Dave

Certainly Dave! I would like to see some pictures of your progress thus far.

David
hooknladderno1

Postby Daveski25 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:42 am

Sure I will post some! I think I started a dodge mini pumper too, lol, because I found the body I scratchbuilt in a box of parts! If memory serves I started the chassis and engine for that one as well....maybe I have two that I can finish!! Pics coming soon!
Changing the world one Model Fire Truck at a Time!
Daveski25
Scale Firehouse Addict
Scale Firehouse Addict

Postby Tiny 26 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:37 pm

Project #1 almost finished: Park College Brush 1 that I posted in The Hot Seat. Adding the items I forgot, :oops: , & doing some things to it that were suggested. Should have some new photos in a few days - do we post them here or in the Display Case with a note that it's a No Model Left Behind build??
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26

Postby ChrisMooney on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Post it in the display put No model left behind in the title..... mabt we can get a galery page for the group builds......
ChrisMooney

Postby R H on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:05 pm

ChrisMooney wrote:Post it in the display put No model left behind in the title..... mabt we can get a galery page for the group builds......

Still waiting on my instruction book on how to do it. :oops:
R H

Postby mark on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:37 am

I'm definitely in on this. I have a few models that need to see the finish line!
Great Idea Mooney!!
Here are my projects to finish this year. :roll: I hope!
This will be a Lifeguard Jeep.
ImageHosted on Fotki
This will be EMS unit.
ImageHosted on Fotki
This will be an Air Unit.
ImageHosted on Fotki
Pictured on the right is a Chevy caprice wagon, to be built as an EMS unit.
ImageHosted on Fotki
This is my GMC Ambulance project that I hope to finish this year
ImageHosted on Fotki

Good Luck to all!
mark

Postby ChrisMooney on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:37 pm

I love the caprice wagon!
ChrisMooney

Postby hooknladderno1 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:02 am

I love the caprice wagon!

If I'm not mistaken, I think that is a Modelhaus piece.

David
hooknladderno1

Postby mark on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:52 pm

That would be correct. The wheels are also from Modelhaus.
I will probably bring with me to NNL East if I remember. :roll:
mark

Postby old imagineer 501 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Is it too late to get in on this? I have a few models that qualify. This sounds like a hoot!
old imagineer 501

Postby R H on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:43 pm

No, Tim. You got until the end of the year (and as much time as you need after that ;) ) The idea behind this is to encourage us to finish some of those projects that are sitting on the shelf.
R H

Postby hooknladderno1 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:59 pm

My '92 Bronco falls into this category. It is posted in the "In Progress" section. It is coming along rather well. I was working on it last night. I have been doing stuff with the family all day, so I haven't had a chance to take any additional photos.

David
hooknladderno1

Postby old imagineer 501 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:35 pm

R H wrote:No, Tim. You got until the end of the year (and as much time as you need after that ;) ) The idea behind this is to encourage us to finish some of those projects that are sitting on the shelf.

OK, That's great. I have a 1956 Mack from Surf City, NJ that's screaming to be finished as well as a tractor/tanker from Lower Alloways Creek. I also dropped my original TASC LAC Tanker down a flight of stairs and need to fix that as well as the P-12 I did in In Scale Illustrated. Hmmm.... This could actually be fun! Thanks!
old imagineer 501

Postby R H on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:32 pm

No probem. Feel free to post lots of pictures in the "In Progress" section.
R H

Postby ChrisMooney on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Tim your builds would be a great addition to this... thanks!!!!!
ChrisMooney

Postby R H on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:41 pm

ChrisMooney wrote:Tim your builds would be a great addition to this... thanks!!!!!

Absolutely!
R H

Postby hooknladderno1 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Tim,
I was talking to a firefighter recently, who works at the Nuclear Generating Station there. He advised that the tanker is still in service(the tractor drawn, not the TASC). I look forward to seeing some of these projects. If I remember correctly, was it the Surf City unit that was featured in the "Photogrammetry" article?

David
hooknladderno1

Postby old imagineer 501 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Wow! CLEAR!! Whap!! - Talk about getting the old patient back to life! You guys are really something! For a long time I never thought I would get my hobby back, but let me tell you, the juices are flowing (and it ain't Tiny's sweet tea, either!). A lot of my stuff is still packed away, but most of the damaged stuff and unfinished projects are handy. My really good camera gear is, er..., well, I'm not sure. I found my film camera and part of my flash tent, but I haven't found the rest of that gear yet. BUT, I tried taking some shots with my digital and, waddaya know, it works well enough to post a few things as I shoot them.

I just repaired the Cinder Bug over the weekend (used a new super glue from Gorilla that has some real promise... Plus it isn't super expensive either!) and took some shots that are even in focus. Soooooo, how do I post 'em here for you to see 'em? (and where? Here? HELP! Point the probie in the right direction!! I looked at the In Progress section and didn't figure it out (though come to think of it I was getting distracted - so many models, so little time...))

That's GREAT news about the Lower Alloways Creek tanker! It's one of the projects that I REALLY want to do right now. That's also correct about the Surf City unit. I found my entire file the other night (This has been like a treasure hunt guys!) on that pumper including an enlargement I did with measurements written on it. I even found another incomplete AerialScope in 1/32 and one I started in 1/25th.

OK, gotta go, but let me know about posting stuff and I'll get it on the web later tonight or tomorrow.
old imagineer 501

PreviousNext

Return to Group Builds