Suggestion on R/C Fire Truck build

Join In On A Group Build, Or Start One Up

Suggestion on R/C Fire Truck build

Postby brian153 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:42 am

Well right now im in the works of building a r/c rear-mount platform aerial. IS there anyone else that is interested?????
brian153

Re: Suggestion on R/C Fire Truck build

Postby R H on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:44 am

Not enough money here, sorry.
R H

Postby Pinolafire on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:33 am

I can't even tackle the ones that DON"T move..with out help...
Great Idea tho
Matt :mrgreen:
Pinolafire

Postby brian153 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:05 pm

well i mean some people can take one of the new bright snorkel units and change it up some, like better pump panel, flashing lights decals. i know money is tight for everyone. im in the same boat and my wife doesnt work, its just me and i dont mind it. its a hobby for me. she stays home with our 9 months old son. i cant wait til he can grow up so i an start gettin him building.
brian153

Postby squad61 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:28 am

Well if there are any forum members who wanted to enter the RC field of modell making I´m more than willing to give you an helping hand. But remember building a RC model is really expensive, and I´m talking hundred´s of dollars just to get the model moving. If you want a model with many function´s and realisme like my Mack CF Tower Ladder start thinking about prices going up to $ 1500,- and higher.
But you can also start simpler, there are 1:14 scale vehicles that are already Rc controlled, Like Range Rovers etc, made by a company called Rastar. Just adding a warning light, some nice striping siren etc will make turn it into a Chief's buggy quickly.

Fred
squad61

Postby R H on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:48 pm

too rich for my blood right now
R H

Postby brian153 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:12 am

thats why i had a r/c model, striped it and scratch-built everything else and added some lights. so the cost will be down to like $200-300, im at $75 so far on mine. still need to get lights, paint and decals.
brian153

Postby mrfish55 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:37 pm

brian153 wrote:thats why i had a r/c model, striped it and scratch-built everything else and added some lights. so the cost will be down to like $200-300, im at $75 so far on mine. still need to get lights, paint and decals.

I love the R/C trucks, you really do not want to know how much I have invested in mine. You are doing exceptionally good if you only have $75.00 invested so far, looks good tho, time to get some paint on it.
mrfish55

Postby brian153 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:52 pm

that later on, first i need to complete the ladder section, turntable, fenders, and stabilizers then paint will be put on. also im still trying to figure out how to make my ladder extend and retract by using a small motor, 2 wires
brian153

Postby fleetsailor1981 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:35 pm

I agree with you about converting an exsiting platform. I plan on using a Tamiya 1/14th scale semi tractor and convert to a Pumper. This type of conversion is pricy but there are cheaper ways to do it. I converted a 1/87 scale Tug boat from static to RC and the cost was about 40.00. You could convert an old AMT to rc for not to much. Just remimber to keep it simple. 1st. non working suspension won't go off road but could do well in a drive way or living room. 2nd convert a servo to a ESC and motor combo (this is how I powered the tug). 3rd mount a gear behind a rear wheel and hook motor to it (simple but it works and is relilible) 4th. pull lights and sound from cheap toy and mount as needed. cost would be 1. Model 2. 4ch radio (used 35-50 dollars) 3. toy for sound and lights 5+ dollars so if you look you can do it for under 100.00. I have one of the Trumper eagles I just might do this to and take photos and show. I also want to build a airport crash truck like a Oshkosh P-15 or maybe a Striker. need to work on my scratching building skills
fleetsailor1981

Return to Group Builds