Balance?

Get Some Critiquing of Your Build, No Hard Feelings Allowed Though!

Balance?

Postby hooknladderno1 on Fri May 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi Guys,
Seeking opinions on a potential combination for this scratchbuilt tanker body. Any of you that have followed this saga from the original Mack RD cab to custom built Pierce Lance cab will recognize the body. I just acquired a Models by Dave American LaFrance Eagle raised roof cab in a trade. Mocked it up with a pump panel and the tanker body. I've also included the other photos of the tanker body. Does this look more balanced than the other combinations? Thanks.

David

"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: Balance?

Postby Aaronw on Sat May 31, 2014 12:27 am

The ALF looks much better. The other options look way out of proportion, so much so that it is hard to believe you are using the same body behind the ALF.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby chariots of fire on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm

I agree with Aaron. Proportions are much better. Don't put the slanted top over the hose bed, though. You'll need a step ladder to reach the hose as it is! :D
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Drake44 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:17 pm

I agree with Chariots. The Alf cab looks much better with that body. There are a few tankers here in northwestern PA that look very similar to your build.
Drake44

Postby Firepig on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:38 pm

I agree with all of the above. Proportionally, it looks best with the ALF and best without the tented cover.
Firepig

Return to The Hot Seat