Paint jobs?

Get Some Critiquing of Your Build, No Hard Feelings Allowed Though!

Paint jobs?

Postby R H on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:54 am

Back story: New Valley University Hospital has decide to teach their medical students what it's like to be an EMT in an ambulance. Then the powers that be at the hospital decided to take it a couple of steps farther and not only start their own transport service, but to show those students what it was like decades ago. They have bought several classic ambulances, which are in the process of being restored.
They bought several 1959 Cadillac amulances, one of which is a High-Top, a few 1966 Cadillac ambulances, and a 1960 Pontiac amulance. They also have purchased a couple of classic police cars to be used by the duty officers. They are also in the process of getting 2 Neo-Natal ambulances but they will be painted different (more child friendly).
What they cannot decide is what color scheme to paint them. They've seen Mooney's rides, and like them, but don't wish to replicate them. They are looking to the public for input for colors for a 2-tone paint job.
Here are the leading suggestions:
Light Blue and white
Medium Blue and white
Dark Blue Metallic and Medium Blue
Red and white
Burgundy metallic and red
Orange and white
Green and white

(The Neo-Natal ambulances will be white with balloon graphics and a teddy bear on modern IH chassis')
R H

Re: Paint jobs?

Postby Tiny 26 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:22 pm

I'm biased toward Pitt Memorial Hospital Greenville, NC.'s back in the day colors of Green & White for their Caddy fleet. Second choice: Light Blue & White. Of course, to really screw up your thinking, Orange & White would go with the majority of today's rigs. Sort of combining the old with the new.

At any rate, can't wait to see how these turn out!!
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26
SFH Abuse Collection Officer
SFH Abuse Collection Officer

Postby cargostar on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Around here, they are white with medium blue striping. I think I'd go for blue/white, or orange /white. Toronto used to be white with an orange stripe, and blue lettering.

The metallic blue would be cool tho, it would help with the lighting effects from the disco ball......... :lol:
cargostar
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby ChrisMooney on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:01 am

Hum..... im going out on a limb and will say hunter green base with a cream top... or Hunter grean base with a black top..... :)

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_89530-Cadi ... -1959.html
ChrisMooney

Postby mark on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:29 am

Well you know me Rob, I'm a liitle different. So I will suggest med. or dark purple with a white top with gold lettering would look pretty sweet. I also like the idea of the Met blue and white.
mark

Postby Jeff_C on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 am

ChrisMooney wrote:Hum..... im going out on a limb and will say hunter green base with a cream top... or Hunter grean base with a black top..... :)

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_89530-Cadi ... -1959.html

Almost like the old NYPD colors.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Jeff_C
SFH Battallion Chief - Gallery Operations

Postby Jeff_C on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:49 am

I say the light blue and white.

That way the color scheme could carry over to the childrens ambulances with just the added graphics.

For the regular ambulances do a white over blue, with the childrens ones reversed with blue over white, or paint the fenders blue and have a blue stripe across the body.
Jeff_C

Postby hooknladderno1 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:36 am

I say the light blue and white.

Jeff,
Funny you should mention light blue and white, the local children's hospital AI duPont's transport team utilizes those colors. Don't have any photos of their rig, but it does look sharp.

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1

Postby Jeff_C on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:14 pm

RH,

Here is an idea:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96287873@N ... -ambulance

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96287873@N ... -ambulance

Replace the green stripe with a medium blue one, and the yellow with a pale blue with the cab remaining in white.
Jeff_C

Postby chariots of fire on Sun May 24, 2009 4:44 pm

cream with black accents. :lol:
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Postby R H on Thu May 06, 2010 7:23 pm

All the ambulances for routine transport were donated by local departments. No one could agree what color combo they should be painted, so as each is restored, it will be painted back to the companies colors and graphics, but will have the graphics added for the University Hospital Transport. All companies likes this idea, as it meant their donation would easily be recognized. (This will also allow me to take pictures next to classic ALF models as when each engine was delivered)
R H

Return to The Hot Seat