Graphics Changes?

Get Some Critiquing of Your Build, No Hard Feelings Allowed Though!

Graphics Changes?

Postby hooknladderno1 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Hi Guys,
You may have noticed some recent posts regarding my fictitous Summit Airport Fire Rescue. I liked the look of the TWH version of the Oshkosh Striker in service in Washington, DC. http://www.twhcollectibles.com/p-493-os ... on-dc.aspx . I like the look of the white over lime yellow, and also like the blue stripe as used by the Philadelphia Fire Departments ARFF unitsImage (photo credit to JMPrecision). Here are some of the recent updates all posted together:
With the International, I plan to remove the door lettering, and lettering on the upper diamondplate sides of the body. I am thinking ladder boards for the upper portion of the raised center section, as well as red warning and clear scene lights where the body lettering currently is. On both the Hummer and the International, I want to update the strping similar to the Philly unit, but also do not look forward to removing the current striping, especially on the Hummer. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: Graphics Changes?

Postby ChrisMooney on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Keep them a little different. But use the same colors on each model. each model looks good with different striping on it. they can still be from the same dept but have a different look.
ChrisMooney

Re: Graphics Changes?

Postby goodguyinar416 on Thu May 29, 2014 2:18 pm

David,

I think they look good. When I build a police unit, like I did with my Canyon Co. Sheriff's Charger I made the department up and I believe it's more enjoyable. How about reversing the paint schemes, like white with a yellow or blue stripe or maybe a blue and yellow stripe.
Check out Law Enforcement threads in here and see photos of the Canyon Co. Charger or go to my site and checkout the Police Car videos. http://public.fotki.com/Goodguyinar416/

Art
ABC Specialties
Resin Casting
goodguyinar416

Return to The Hot Seat