Donut Delivery with attitude

Even The Cop Cars Are Welcome, Just Watch The Doughnut Crumbs

Donut Delivery with attitude

Postby Pinolafire on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 pm

I was flipping though the lastest issue of APB (American Police Beat) Kinda like apparatus journal....meets firehouse mag for cops... Pretty good stories ...and if you're not too careful you might learn something too...

Anyway... Was reaching the end when I saw a nice photo of this monster
NYPD's ESU Truck 8...

Older Ford C version... (Pssst Hey Donnie...Hint Hint)
And I thought my wife had a bunch of stuff in her truck :shock: :P

Anyway I like it and thougt Maybe it'd be something cool to do with Dave's Mack Cab...

Matt :mrgreen:
Pinolafire

Re: Donut Delivery with attitude

Postby hooknladderno1 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Matt,
I have always liked the Mack Rescues, whether FDNY or NYPD ESU. There is just something about them... Yet another project idea - just not enough time in the day to build them all... I had the opportunity to get some "up close and personal" photos of an FDNY '85 Mack/Saulsbury rigs at their training center on Randall's Island many years ago. Unfortunately, the image is on slide film. One of these days, I hope to get a slide scanner, and will share. It is a perspective shot of one of the Rescue Officer's helments on the front bumper. Thanks for sharing the photos.

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Chris on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:40 pm

How in the world did they fit all that in the truck and still be able to find an item or even get it out of the truck in a timely manner.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby ward17219468 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Here is a site with photos of the NYPD ESD trucks from 1930 thru present

Some of the older trucks look like converted fire trucks

http://www.policeny.com/esdtrucks1.html
ward17219468

Postby hooknladderno1 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:01 am

Ward,
What a cool site! You could devote a lifetime to just building NYPD ESU vehicles... They had such a variety of interesting and different trucks. Thanks for sharing it. I now feel like a modeling schizophrenic. I want to build fire trucks, helicopters, ambulances, and now - ESU vehicles.... Arrrrgggggggggghhhhhh... Is there a 12 step program for this? "Hello, my name is..."

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1

Postby Pinolafire on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 am

hooknladderno1 wrote:Arrrrgggggggggghhhhhh... Is there a 12 step program for this? "Hello, my name is..."

David

I hope not... Who'd wanta cure it?

But ya know.. I'm sure if there were a 12 step program... it'd come with detailed instructions photos and a decal sheet..

Matt :D
Pinolafire

Postby R H on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:50 am

WHy would you want to quit! If I ever find someone (girlfriend), an they complain, I'll just say "What would you rather have, me building models, or me out drinking, messing around with other women, or doing drugs?" That usually works, and sometimes you might be able to get them lightly involved. I seem to remember that HeavySquadBuilder (now FordCMan), his girl got invlved for a little while.

c-man, she still working with you?
R H

Postby RevnJeff on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 pm

R H wrote:WHy would you want to quit! If I ever find someone (girlfriend), an they complain, I'll just say "What would you rather have, me building models, or me out drinking, messing around with other women, or doing drugs?" That usually works, and sometimes you might be able to get them lightly involved. I seem to remember that HeavySquadBuilder (now FordCMan), his girl got invlved for a little while.

c-man, she still working with you?

RH, you are so right. My beautiful wife of nearly 28 years has always said she'd rather have me down in the basement playing with my trains (old hobby_) or hiding in my workroom building models than out at the tavern or checking out the "models" elsewhere. She knows where to find me, just follow the paint or glue fumes.

My name is Jeff, and I am a modelaholic.

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby GLMFAA1 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:38 am

Interesting that in the backround of the C cab display is a Bell Huey, Take note it's a UH-1 like Monogram's......hint
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby brian153 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:31 am

i take it your going to be making a uh-1 nypd??????? is that the hint?
brian153

Postby flashing light nut on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:58 pm

With the older Ford cab unit, I can see a possible conversion of the Revell/ Monogram snap-tite fire engine for this...
flashing light nut

Postby Battalion 8 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 pm

I always liked the NYPD ESU trucks. Never seen the older one! :o
Battalion 8

Return to Law Enforcement