Ohio State Patrol

Even The Cop Cars Are Welcome, Just Watch The Doughnut Crumbs

Ohio State Patrol

Postby GLMFAA1 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Visiting Columbus last weekend I found out that OSP is going back to silver/gray cars that will be Caprices and Chargers. The light bar will be all blue with rear blue deck/and front grille flashers. So now we need Caprices and new Chargers
Greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: Ohio State Patrol

Postby Jeff_C on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:50 am

I'm contemplating starting a list for the new (2nd gen) Chargers since they are totally different.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Jeff_C
SFH Battallion Chief - Gallery Operations
SFH Battallion Chief - Gallery Operations

Postby brian3182 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:40 pm

i waiting on the new charger, caprices, taurus and E7 diecast models to come out, if anyone has heard anything in 1/24-1/18th scale please let everyone know. thanks
brian3182

Postby ohpsv on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:30 pm

You can find a photograph of the Ohio State Highway Patrol's 2011 Dodge Charger here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/esclade_01/

You can also find various photographs of Ohio State Highway Patrol vehicles at:
http://public.fotki.com/ohpsv/ohio-state-highway-/

As of fall 2011, it seems that most State of Ohio law enforcement agencies' vehicles are getting a make-over, including ODNR.
ohpsv

Postby FIREMODELMAN on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:08 am

Down in my neck of the state,(SOUTH WEST) OSP is getting new Crown Vics. They all have the new lights, and I must say they are very bright, almost to bright.
FIREMODELMAN

Postby ohpsv on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Are the new Crown Vics white or silver? Apparently, the silver Dodge Chargers (if that's indeed what they choose as their primary frontline vehicle) will not hit the roads until Spring of 2012.
ohpsv

Postby FIREMODELMAN on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Everything I've seen in my area has been WHITE. I have only seen a few of the Chargers, and those have been White as well.
FIREMODELMAN

Postby ohpsv on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Much thanks for the reply! And yes, those new lightbars are extremely bright, and then some!!!
ohpsv

Postby Mike Coleman on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:05 pm

the crown vics are the last of the 2011s they got They are going to use the Chargers they didnt really like the caprice some new chargers are out being used not to many yet the white chargers are 2008s n 2009s most are hitting their turn time anywhere between 120,000 to 130,000 miles the new commander didnt like the white cars so going back to silver/grey cars all blue lights execpt for 2 red lights behind the grill
Mike Coleman

Postby Mike Coleman on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:21 pm

They going with the Chargers a few grey/silver on the road the white Crown Vics are the last of the 2011s they got depends how many miles are on the older Vics if they get the new lights they didnt go with the Caprices something about blind spots not sure just hear say the only red lights are behind the grill on the new cars removed arrowsticks because nobody used them the right way just had them flashing
Mike Coleman

Postby FIREMODELMAN on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:17 pm

I've been thinking about a retro stlye build up for the past few months. I've thought of building the new charger with the single beacon ray light and old decals. I think it would look cool.
FIREMODELMAN

Postby GLMFAA1 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 pm

FIREMODELMAN wrote:I've been thinking about a retro stlye build up for the past few months. I've thought of building the new charger with the single beacon ray light and old decals. I think it would look cool.

In Black?
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby FIREMODELMAN on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:49 pm

HECK YEA. :D :D ..That would look pretty nice I think, maybe do one in Black and another in White??
FIREMODELMAN

Postby ohpsv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Just a quick 'heads-up' for any modelers...

I was speaking with one of my "Fellow-Photography-Co-horts" yesterday over Thanksgiving Day dinner and we got to chatting about photo editing (and my lack of ability to buy the "Real" PhotoShop program...) Oddly enough, he pointed me to a downloadable freeware program called GIMP at http://www.gimp.org/

That being said... My PhotoShop "skills" are sorely-lacking but I've been toying-around with this program all day, along with help of the standard MS Paint for cropping / re-sizing / clipboard / copying, and here's what I came up with for the new OSHP Charger... http://www.flickr.com/photos/aheston14y ... hotostream

It isn't much, and I'm hoping that the OSHP doesn't soon e-mail me telling me to remove it, but the software allowed me to add graphics to one of our local police department's newer unmarked Chargers (fortunately also in somewhat of a silver color) and turn it into a "mock-up" of what we might soon be seeing here in Ohio. Apparently, this could also be used for creating scaled-graphics for models as well if you have the ability to print transferrable decals on your printer for your models. I really don't know. I haven't ventured into that aspect as I still have some issues with Crazy Glue -- Don't ask!

Anyhow, please feel free to download photos (and click on the 'download original photo' for better pixel quality) from my Fotki site for any graphics / logos you would need.

Best Regards,

Andrew
ohpsv

Postby pyrman on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 am

Saw an SHP cruiser w/all BLUE lightbar two weeks ago on SR-315n/b on a traffic stop near Riverside Hospital.
"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."
- William T. Sherman, April 11, 1880, Columbus, Ohio
pyrman
Engineer

Postby ohpsv on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:39 pm

These blue lightbars are something! Did you happen to notice the red grille lights as well? Incredible!
ohpsv

Postby pyrman on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:53 am

Back in June, I saw this SHP Charger at the Ohio Fire Academy.

Greg H
"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."
- William T. Sherman, April 11, 1880, Columbus, Ohio
pyrman
Engineer

Return to Law Enforcement