1/10 Scale Mercedes Sprinter ambulance commissioned.

Post The Meat Wagons In Here

1/10 Scale Mercedes Sprinter ambulance commissioned.

Postby Robbo on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi all. I've finally completed the project started January 2014. The self adhesive reflective PVC material (red, green & yellow) arrived about a month ago. The biggest problem was making the various shaped templates, then carefully removing the backing sheet from the colour plastic material and applying the various shapes without crinkles. I am quite pleased with the final result and had enough material left over to finish my BMW R-1200-R SPRINT (Single Paramedic INTervention) motorcycle as used by the SA Ambulance Service.
The lettering on the ambulance is 'laser cut' with self adhesive backing. The SA Ambulance emblem is photo produced and printed onto gloss photo paper and sealed to prevent fading. The windows are made from thin rigid clear PVC packaging and sprayed on the back with matte black paint. They are held in place by micro thin double sided adhesive, as are any photo printed emblems, signage etc.
The motorcycle has a combination of some ink jet decals and photo paper printing.

I trust that this is of interest to some.

As Photobucket have blocked all 3rd party links to photos, unless paying a subscription fee, I am posting a link from my Fotki account to replace them.
Shows the build and commissioning photos.

http://public.fotki.com/Supt-Robbo/merc ... page2.html
Last edited by Robbo on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
If it's not broken, then don't try to fix it. If it is broken then only one tool and aids are required: A hammer if it's tight and Blu-Tack if it's loose.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: 1/10 Scale Mercedes Srinter ambulance commissioned.

Postby hooknladderno1 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:25 am

Beautiful work on both Robbo! I like the colors and details!

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby hiloyelp on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:15 am

Wow! Beautiful rig! I like the motorcycle too!
hiloyelp
Probie

Postby Robbo on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:01 pm

hooknladderno1 wrote:Beautiful work on both Robbo! I like the colors and details!

David

Thank you for the comments David. I'll post a video of the motorcycle in operation, at a later date. Robbo.
If it's not broken, then don't try to fix it. If it is broken then only one tool and aids are required: A hammer if it's tight and Blu-Tack if it's loose.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Robbo on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:04 pm

hiloyelp wrote:Wow! Beautiful rig! I like the motorcycle too!

Thank you for the comments, I'll post a video of the motorcycle in operation, at a later date. Robbo.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby chariots of fire on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Excellent work Robbo! Getting all of those self sticking colors in place must have had you holding your breath a bit, eh? Is that a typical rig for your area?
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Robbo on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:34 pm

chariots of fire wrote:Excellent work Robbo! Getting all of those self sticking colors in place must have had you holding your breath a bit, eh? Is that a typical rig for your area?

Hi Charlie. Yes, holding breath and a few anxious moments were experienced with the whole project, especially the circuitry and commissioning, sorting out a few minor problems. Getting the thin reflective plastic coloured sheeting in place was a bit of a challenge to say the least. The colour scheme is as per the SA Ambulance Service and the sprint motorcycles are used on days when events, such as the Clipsal 500 super V8 car races in the city are in progress, parades etc. allow them to navigate the city quickly and commence treatment while waiting for the follow-up paramedics in a conventional ambulance. The MCs have also been effective in attending severe trauma cases in traffic accidents etc.

Cheers from Robbo.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Ambulances