Still cannot upload pictures to 'posts'.

Let Me Know Any Suggestions, Problems & Any Other Thoughts With The Site

Still cannot upload pictures to 'posts'.

Postby Robbo on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:00 am

Hi there Chris. I have had this problem for a long time (since the site was vandalised) and resort to using links to my 'PhotoBucket' site. Today, I again looked through my 'Profile' etc. and this time, clicked on 'Manage attachments'. Clinking on any attachment brings up the following:

Information

The attachments feature has been disabled.

How can it be abled? Would like it to be operational as originally available. Thanks, from Robbo.
If it's not broken, then don't try to fix it. If it is broken then only one tool and aids are required: A hammer if it's tight and Blu-Tack if it's loose.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Still cannot upload pictures to 'posts'.

Postby Aaronw on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:14 pm

That is beyond my technical skills, but I believe Chris disabled that feature because it makes it easier to upload a virus or other malware into the site.

I expect using an outside hosting site will remain the standard way to post photos.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby Robbo on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Many thanks for that info.

Robbo.
If it's not broken, then don't try to fix it. If it is broken then only one tool and aids are required: A hammer if it's tight and Blu-Tack if it's loose.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby GLMFAA1 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Another help is to use your off site i.e. photobucket site because it keeps this web site bandwidth within it parameters and does not overload it by storing pictures
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Robbo on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Thanks Greg, cheers from Robbo.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Feedback