Scale Firehouse Virus?

Let Me Know Any Suggestions, Problems & Any Other Thoughts With The Site

Scale Firehouse Virus?

Postby Chris Kithas on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:31 am

Hello All.
I have accessed this site from another computer at my extra job, and it always displays a virus alert from Norton, reporting that there is a back door trojan virus on this website. I don't get any alerts on my own computer, but I do not use Norton Antivirus at home.
Anyone else experiencing this? I just want the moderators to be aware.

Chris Kithas
Chris Kithas

Re: Scale Firehouse Virus?

Postby RevnJeff on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Yeah, for some reason Norton is CONVINCED there's something funny going on here...but I can assure you, Chris is aware of the issue and there's NO repeat NO virus problem on the board.

I haven't learned how to teach Norton to ignore the site.

Jeff
RevnJeff

Postby cargostar on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Doesn't it do the same thing with SSB's site?
cargostar
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Chris Kithas on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:13 am

I have not received any warnings on my own computer, and I have not been too concerned. I just wanted the moderators to know. Again, I have had no problems with the website.

Chris
Chris Kithas

Postby hooknladderno1 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:28 am

Hi Chris,
About two weeks ago, I downloaded Norton 360. After doing so, I also received a similar warning. It listed the file as the scale conversion calculator that is downloadable from the Scale Firehouse webpage - not the Forum. The issue seems to have been resolved, as I haven't seen it in about a week...

David.
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Chris on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:53 am

Yes apparently since the calculator is a self contained program, meaning it does not need to be installed to be used, some virus scanners think it is a virus. It is not on the site anymore because the virus scanner for the server tagged it as a threat and shut me down completely for a couple of hours until I convinced the powers that be that I am not out to do any harm and agreed to remove it. I can assure you from my end that there is nothing to be worried about in the site, I have had my own issues with that kind of crap and would not wish it on anyone, except maybe for the folks that create the stuff. Would have no problem for their systems to be turned into a big heaping pile of junk.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Return to Feedback