getting used to SFH threads?

Let Me Know Any Suggestions, Problems & Any Other Thoughts With The Site

getting used to SFH threads?

Postby hazbin on Tue May 24, 2011 3:09 pm

I was getting used to the way SFH runs but when looking back at some questions and they're gone. example: the truck bay - I'm listed as latest question, but when I go there I've "gone missing". I was shown 24 may 2011 as one of my last questions but when I go there I'm not :o John
hazbin

Re: getting used to SFH threads?

Postby GLMFAA1 on Tue May 24, 2011 4:31 pm

hazbin wrote:I was getting used to the way SFH runs but when looking back at some questions and they're gone. example: the truck bay - I'm listed as latest question, but when I go there I've "gone missing". I was shown 24 may 2011 as one of my last questions but when I go there I'm not :o John

Your'e there Fourth entry down :D
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Chris on Tue May 24, 2011 8:56 pm

The most recent posts always get bumped to the top.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby hazbin on Wed May 25, 2011 7:15 am

Chris wrote:The most recent posts always get bumped to the top.

As I said I'm trying to get the protocol in the various threads. The only thing that works, for me anyway, is going to 'View your posts' if I'm trying to look back at a later date for information I received from members if I can remember which question I asked. (I know now I'll have to make future questions clear, not easy unless you write a length of 'war & peace' :lol:
It's straight forward to pose a 'new topic'.
If I go to any 1 section on 'Board index' you get the all the threads but are in no order, example: top of the 1st page of threads it could be 2008, them 2009, 2011, 2010, and so on and I can't find some of the questions I asked earlier. I know my brain has a few defects so I don't suppose any one else is having problems, please bare with me.
John :roll:
hazbin

Postby EdselDan on Thu May 26, 2011 4:16 am

Thread pages with New posts should have a Red star on the Front page of the Forum. Go into that area
and the topics with New postings will have the Block Blinking in Red. Ones with a Lot ot posts will stay re even after you have read them
Topics that you have a post in will show a Small white dot on the block in the lower right corner.

If you do not get this after logging in, it might be the browser you use. Which Browser DO you use?
I have used Firefox, Flox (a Firefox clone) and Maxthom
ALL give me the markings to see New thread posts without having to go through the "View Your Posts" link.

The topic with Your latest post, or a reply to yours, will not necessarily be the most recent toping in line.

Somedays, I see 4 or more topics in the same thread area with New posts.
In Progress & Dispaly Case being the most active.
Dan from DelMarVa
My Photobucket:
http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/EdselDan/Models/
It’s too late for when and how. People we must understand
child labour it has to end. Raise our voices, let’s all shout:
http://pocomokefire.com/
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby hazbin on Thu May 26, 2011 5:50 am

Hi Dan, thanks for the info. I noticed that my threads had a white and the red, flashing was with 'new posts'. But the others; red still, blue still, blue plashing?(I think), black still where all noted "no new posts". that was confusing.
The system I use: windows vista (uses a lot of memory), I'm thinking of upgrading to windows 7, the Internet I use 'Google', anything else the computer has it's own mind because it's above my knowledge. :?
John
hazbin

Postby EdselDan on Thu May 26, 2011 6:40 am

The Blue block topics are "Sticky" or Important, one and set to Stay at the top of the page.
Like I said, Those with several Pages of replies with Stay red but Not flash when there are no new posts.
Those with the black are smaller threads that have no new posts.

Yea, vista IS memory Intense. Not sure about 7. But I Was told, If downgrading from xp get the Top offering , or Deluxe 7

I had ggle as a secondary browser, but they took over YouTubem, and forced everybody to log in to Youtube with their ggle account. I refused, changed my gmail account to use my Youtube ID, then just Dumped gmail.
I am not sure When I will get to log in to my youtube account again.

I too am not all that up on PC's. Though at time I wish I was.
Dan from DelMarVa
My Photobucket:
http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/EdselDan/Models/
It’s too late for when and how. People we must understand
child labour it has to end. Raise our voices, let’s all shout:
http://pocomokefire.com/
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby Chris on Fri May 27, 2011 10:48 am

It will all come along as you cruise around the forum. There are a few things that I am not sure what they do and I put the thing on the site! Most of it is in the FAQ link on top of the page but it might be a bit heavy reading on some topics.

Don't worry about breaking it though, we had to child proof everything after the incident with Matt a couple of years ago. :D
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby hazbin on Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 am

Chris wrote:It will all come along as you cruise around the forum. There are a few things that I am not sure what they do and I put the thing on the site! Most of it is in the FAQ link on top of the page but it might be a bit heavy reading on some topics.

Don't worry about breaking it though, we had to child proof everything after the incident with Matt a couple of years ago. :D

Thank you Chris and others who enlightened me. :)
Who knows, I might be asking about models one day :lol:
John
hazbin

Postby hazbin on Fri May 27, 2011 12:28 pm

P.S.
I think, (uneducated guess) that the "pawns", (next to PM, Email), are something to do with other ways af messaging? If so why do you have different types?
John
pawns.JPG
hazbin

Postby Chris on Fri May 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Those would be for AOL Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and such. Just depends on what one the person has supplies usernames for.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby hazbin on Sat May 28, 2011 7:07 am

Chris wrote:Those would be for AOL Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and such. Just depends on what one the person has supplies usernames for.

Thanks Chris.
I'll just stick with the one I'm using. Mine is Microsolt Outlook.
John
hazbin

Return to Feedback