Cargostars ALF Century UPDATE 1/9/09

Post Your Reviews Of Kits, Products And Services Here

Cargostars ALF Century UPDATE 1/9/09

Postby ChrisMooney on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:13 pm

Well today Christmass started early, Daves new cab arrived in the mail and I know I have said it before about his stuff but WOW!!!!!! another clean casting. and all the details are there. Ill have photos and a better riview up as soon as I get free time tonight at work
ChrisMooney

Re: Cargostars American LaFrance Century

Postby ChrisMooney on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:08 pm

Ok, Photos to follow tonight but the cab is great!!!

Overall The casting in clean w/o and air holes in the outside finish.. the inside has maybe one or two (on my sample) but once built they will never be seen. Dave has some great molding and casting skills.

The fine details... what can I say.. if you have seen the Ward LaFrance grill you know Dave’s attention to detail. the separate vents are sweet! along with the fine and to scale diamond plate lower nose panel and bumper extension... also the Diamond plate front door steps are very nice and clean.. these parts have no Air holes or pin marks and will look great either with Alcad, Bare Metal Foil or even chrome Krylon paint.

The rear jump seat area is a nice touch to the cab as it eliminated the scratch building of a new jump seat and allows the builder to place this cab onto the AMT ALF Pumper Ladder or Aero chief body with very little modifications... A true user friendly feature.

Now a new feature from Dave, would be the vacuumed formed windows. They are a well formed window that is nice and thin. the side windows have the correct curve and ever curve out were they should these should be no problem to put in even for someone new to resin kit's.

Just a note for building being the fenders are separate and on the one to one units were Chrome you should either attach the fenders before painting and then after final coat apply Bare Metal Foil or leave off and Alcad them. the side vents should be sanded to fit and then applied as one of the last detail pieces...

All I can say is another great product from our own Cargostar AKA Dave Carey
ChrisMooney

Postby Tiny 26 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:29 am

Sounds like another great cab from ol' C-star!!
Tiny (Bionic Redneck) & Canadian Wannabe

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

tinythemodeler@yahoo.com
Tiny 26
SFH Abuse Collection Officer
SFH Abuse Collection Officer

Postby buckjaw on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:54 pm

I know its quite early but Im eagerly awaiting some completed model photo's with this cab, anyone?
buckjaw

Re: Cargostars ALF Century UPDATE 1/9/09

Postby ChrisMooney on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Here are the long awated Photos of the cab compared to the 900 series cab..... Another Winner by our very own Dave

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki
ChrisMooney

Postby R H on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:33 am

Hey Chris Mooney, bad links. :(
R H

Postby ChrisMooney on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:39 am

Fotki is updating... how about now???
ChrisMooney

Postby R H on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:42 am

Nope.
R H

Postby R H on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:58 am

They are "X"s in your album also. :|
R H

Postby buckjaw on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:29 am

Drool!
buckjaw

Postby R H on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Okay, could be AT&T and Fotki. I see 2 here, and all 3 in your album. Nice comparison Chris! :D
Now, when you gonna build it?
R H

Postby ChrisMooney on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:16 am

R H wrote:Okay, could be AT&T and Fotki. I see 2 here, and all 3 in your album. Nice comparison Chris! :D
Now, when you gonna build it?

Maby A pumper or a Ladder Chief and painted Like Lynn MA older pumpers... Chrome Yellow color...
ChrisMooney

Return to Reviews