Cargostar does it again!

Post Your Reviews Of Kits, Products And Services Here

Cargostar does it again!

Postby R H on Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:32 pm

That's right, Dave's up to his usual tricks. I waited to post this thinking Mooney might first.
Dave has released an International 4400 2-door cab conversion. It is very cleanly cast. Mine has some bubbles under the surface, but not through the surface. It won't need much clean-up. You get the cab shell, interior bucket, hood wth separate grill and headlamp / turrnsignal assemblies, and a pair of fender extensions that mount to the bottomfront corners of the cab shell.
One note, the clearance lamps are part of the casting and are very delicate. Use caution whan painting that you don't bury them in paint.
Very nicely done Dave. Can't wait to see what's next! :D

R H

Re: Cargostar does it again!

Postby cargostar on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Its actually a 4700 ;) . But depending on how heavy the chassis is, it colud be a 4900 also
cargostar
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby dptydawg on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:18 pm

Dave,
do you have a 466E motor to go with this cab? I have a couple fire trucks waiting for me to start converting and an IH engine woukd be a crowning touch.
Thanks
Carl
dptydawg
Engineer

Postby ChrisMooney on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:18 am

RH Cargostar's new cab it great.. Ill have to check my mailbox :) :) HE HE... Dave once again thanks for giving us model starved fire truck builders something to work with... Now whens the 4 door coming out... LOL :) because tiny had a hard time getting in the front of the two door.
ChrisMooney

Postby cargostar on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:46 am

I have a non-electronic Dt466 around here somewhere.... there are som fairly visable differences between it and an electronic engine. But, there just happens to be several refrence 1:1 engines around here!!
cargostar
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby csp448 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Hey dave , I would need a IH 4300 Dt466 2004 model , to make a copy of my working truck ( Canada Post ) . Could you make me the Dt466 little plaques that goes on both side of the doors ? Do you accept credit card or money order to your name , and is the price in US funds ? BTW , Happy Bday , old man . From your fighting partner . ;) ;) 8-)
Pierre from Canada . Enjoy your hobby . Built some fun .
csp448
Captain
Captain

Postby ChrisMooney on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Ill take the real international Ambulance you have... :)
ChrisMooney

Return to Reviews