Wildland Fire Apparatus 1940-2001

Post Your Reviews Of Kits, Products And Services Here

Wildland Fire Apparatus 1940-2001

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:10 pm

I was surfing the Spaulding website when ordering some slamlocks and came across this book.

it's 224 pages of B&W photos of all kinds of Wildland firefighting equip. There's pics of everything from dozers & thier transports to converted military trucks for brush breaking even aircraft as well.
mdlbldrmatt135

Re: Wildland Fire Apparatus 1940-2001

Postby Aaronw on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:13 pm

It is a good book, I've got it.

Something I was surprised by was the heavy east coast influence, I think many of us think about the west when we hear wildland fire. I was a little disappointed at first since I was hoping for more old photos of CDF, USFS, BLM and other western state agencies, but I have found it to be really handy as a general reference and does a nice job capturing the regional design differences of brush trucks. Also the author has ties to the New Jersey Forest Fire Service so they are very well represented in the book.

Speaking of the NJFFS this book on them is excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/Jersey-Forest-Ser ... 938&sr=1-1

We also have our own in house NJFFS knowledge source in Bigdog25.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby R H on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:11 pm

I liked the AH-1 Cobra that has the Bambi bucket instead of machine guns. ;) :D
R H

Postby stuporduck on Sat May 02, 2009 10:14 am

R H wrote:I liked the AH-1 Cobra that has the Bambi bucket instead of machine guns. ;) :D

i think they should go with the la county fire style dump chute...i think the fla div of forestry has 3 of them.i could be a little off on the numbers... :D
stuporduck

Return to Reviews