Frontier Design Resins 1938 Cadillac Body

Post Your Reviews Of Kits, Products And Services Here

Frontier Design Resins 1938 Cadillac Body

Postby ChrisMooney on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:09 pm

OK just got this in from Fronter Design Resins (on Ebay) for about $50 I have got mixed reviews from this resin caster and this is my first time dealing with his product. After receiving the body a week after the auction it cam well packed and undamaged. The cast is not bad and will require some clean up and work but as you can see these is not much flash.

The body has coach lamps on the front doors molded in and also two separate resin tunnel lights to be sanded to fit and added top the front. so you could either make this as a Hearse or Ambulance. the donor kit or car would be the Yat-Ming 38 presidential Cadillac. I took the body off the die-cast and removed the interior. and the resin body was a nice fit. the interior will be easily to modify and you can easily use it from the rear wheel forward. front windshield will fit with some sanding of the resin around the windshield opening. Well ill let you guys see for yourself.

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

What is left over from the limo
ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki
ChrisMooney

Re: Frontier Design Resins 1938 Cadillac Body

Postby R H on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Hey Chris, nice piece!

P.s. Your image 99 is dead on your album, thus dead here.
R H

Postby maxwell48098 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 pm

I bought some truck cab conversions off him last year, and they were terrible. Maybe he cleaned up his act. Not sure I'm willing to waste my money again.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Postby ChrisMooney on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:05 am

maxwell48098 wrote:I bought some truck cab conversions off him last year, and they were terrible. Maybe he cleaned up his act. Not sure I'm willing to waste my money again.

I was on the fence about buying this one but seeing what I can do with the R&R kits if this arrived and was not so good I could make it work.... The resin does have cat hair in it... LOL but its a good cast. Maby I got a fresh mold and casting. I can see were his cabs could be bad and not worth the money but being this cab uses all the detail parts from the die cast its not bad and will look great!
ChrisMooney

Postby hooknladderno1 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:19 pm

Chris,
Very cool! I like your ability to seek out and tackle different subjects. It isn't often that you see ambulances of this vintage being built. Look forward to watching this one! I have plans of building my squad's original rig from the early 20's. The only reference material that I have on it is a line drawing from a t-shirt from the squad's 75th anniversary. Repeated requests for photos have gone unanswered :( The rig looks like it is based on a model T Ford. I picked up an old AMT Budweiser delivery van last year at the NNL East. One of these, days I'll get started on it... Keep up the fine work. It is very inspiring!

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Return to Reviews