Lindberg Police car

Post Your Reviews Of Kits, Products And Services Here

Lindberg Police car

Postby GLMFAA1 on Sun May 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Did the Linberg Dodge police car become lost along with a few dealerships? (I know BO doesn't like the police, but does he have to take it out on the modelers :o )
Anyone supply an update on release
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: Lindberg Police car

Postby hooknladderno1 on Mon May 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Greg,
If you are referring to the Charger, I asked Steve at the NNL East. He said that "as soon as I(he) know(s), you'll(we'll) know". HTH. I'm sure that you must have something else in your stash, mind, or "on the drawing board" to work on(LOL)... :)

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1

Postby zoomzoomzee on Mon May 03, 2010 6:06 pm

According to other message boards," Ernie Petit has retired and all production and future projects have been suspended. "

Rumor or real, I don't know. Steve? Any idea??????
zoomzoomzee
Elf Wrangler

Postby GLMFAA1 on Sun May 16, 2010 11:16 am

Any news? :(
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby ChrisMooney on Sun May 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Mr Petit the guy at Lindberg is still in the game. But Okey At Johan said after the bale out of Chrysler they Nil and voided all license contracts and asked for more money from him to do some Johan Chrysler's So maby its a license issue.
ChrisMooney

Postby maxwell48098 on Sat May 22, 2010 12:52 pm

This has been discussed at length over at the Hobby Heaven bulletin board. To summarize what was said there, Mr. Petite has retired and Lindberg ceased all current production and has put future production on hold. (They still have the tools so maybe someone will buy them or lease them in the future.) Apparently, to turn a quick buck, Lindberg over-produced their products for the past two years, mainly the old tooling, so much so that the market was over saturated, and will be for a few years to come. This explains why the only way to get the semi trailers was to buy them as a set with the Dodge L700, even though the L700 was being sold separately for a couple of years already. (If anyone remembers, when Testors used the tools back in the early 1980's, the L700 and trailers were available separately or the two kit boxes were wrapped together as a set.)

A couple of weeks ago while traveling, we stopped in a strip mall for something and while the wife was in the drug store, I was brousing through the dollar chain store next door. They had "Coke" versions of the '34 Ford PU and Dodge A-100 PU for $2.00 and maybe 50 of the pre-painted Crown Vics and some 30 -40 airplane kits for $3.00!! I didn't buy any as I already have WAY too many kits, but I guess that says something about the state of Lindberg. I was at my LHS yesterday and talking to the owner who told me his distributor canceled all of his Lindberg orders except what the distributor had in his warehouse. Ironically, he couldn't get any of the Coke '34's or A-100's!

I really doubt if licensing has anything to do with the Charger police car not coming out, unless Lindberg was so tight on cash they didn't have the money to afford the license or run the production. I used to work for Chrysler and knew lots of folks in the legal and licensing areas, and believe me the companies don't look at licensing as a revenue stream. Mainly it is for copyright protection against overseas companies who look for any little opening to pirate products. Also you would not believe the lawsuits that come in against companies like GM, Ford, or Chrysler for things that have nothing to do with their actual products, but rather things like toys, die casts, and , yes, model kits. I know I couldn't believe some of the ones these folks told me about, but "victims" looked for the deep pockets and some toy maker in China simply ignores US lawsuits, so they come after you know who. (Don't you just love our legal system!)

Hopefully, the Charger tooling was far enough along that another model company or private label (Model King ?) will consider producing it. However, the current Charger body style is being updated this fall so it wouldn't be current any more.

Life goes on. Remember, it's supposed to be a hobby.

Thanks,

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Postby SteveG on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Ernie's retirement did not mean the end of Lindberg so I wouldn't be in hurry to write off the Charger Police Cars just yet. I still have a contact there. Without revealing confidential information I can say that there has been recent progress toward releasing all the Charger Police car kits. Some of which I've personally seen. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get any specific release date though.

With that being said I'm sure the negitive rumors will continue until Lindberg starts shipping something new or some other developement that's set in concrete happens. The rest of the stories I've heard out there are just bunch of smoke and mirrors. In the mean time I'll be watching and listening for any real information.

Stay tuned .....

-Steve
SteveG

Postby flashing light nut on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Oh, boy. This don't sound too good.

I hope Lindberg doesn't go under, or just stop production altogether. They are the only company that have any kind of Ford Crown Victoria out there, and their prices are really good (about the same as, or lower than Revell's prices)

I'll stay tuned
flashing light nut

Postby Pinolafire on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks Steve for keeping an ear to the ground for us
Matt :mrgreen:
Pinolafire

Postby SteveG on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:34 pm

For those who haven't heard, the Police Chargers are here. My samples came today from Lindberg as a thank you for the two box art models I built. Contents include a whopping 274 parts although that a includes a number of leftover parts from the Super Bee version. I'll try to post content photos later this week. Each kit includes all eight lightbar versions, the only kit specific parts are the box art, decals and instructions. They're all identical otherwise, note the bodies aren't pre-painted as first promised.

Policecarmodels.com and Modelroundup.com have them in stock if your looking for them online. I don't know if they made it into any Hobby Shop's yet. I'm told there's only 1200 of each version and I don't expect another run any time soon so if you want them I wouldn't wait to long.

-Steve
SteveG

Postby GLMFAA1 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm

HURRAH :D
GLMFAA1

Postby hooknladderno1 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 am

Steve,
Thank you for all of your hard work to make this dream a reality! Thanks also for keeping us in the loop. The box art models came out great! I hope to get my family to order a Charger and a Welly Tahoe for me as a present for my upcoming birthday... The Charger will be painted in the Delaware State Police livery, and the Tahoe will become the new command vehicle for my ARFF station. Thanks again Steve!

David
hooknladderno1

Postby Modelmaker on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 pm

I ordered 3 undecs from policecarmodels.com yesterday......and am looking to get at least 5 more.....1 each for the 3 fd's and 3 more 1 for each Pd ...I model .....1 for the Wi state patrol and 1 for a taxi that makes a total of 8 ....Policecarmodels.com has them for 20bucks apiece plus shipping......Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker

Postby GLMFAA1 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:22 am

Got to undeco's at local hobby shop, 21.99 ea. so we should make a count down of chargers instead of the listing thats in another thread, 1194 undecorated left
Greg
GLMFAA1

Postby Modelmaker on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:40 pm

In Steve G post he noted that none of the chargers are prepainted which makes them all undecs .........Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
Modelmaker

Postby bigdogb25 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:03 pm

GLMFAA1 wrote:Got to undeco's at local hobby shop, 21.99 ea. so we should make a count down of chargers instead of the listing thats in another thread, 1194 undecorated left
Greg

Got my 2 undecorated ones yesterday from Model Roundup, along with one Philadelphia Expressway car. Was gonna wait and get them from Avenel Hobbies but Model Roundup had a '58 Chevy I've been wanting so I did it in one order :D.
Bob Miller
bigdogb25
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby GLMFAA1 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 pm

1192 left
GLMFAA1

Postby EdselDan on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 am

I was wondering, Is the "V" -Vision/Vector light bar a New tool, or the same one we got in the
original Ohio State Patrol cruiser kit?
The sample instruction sheet Model Roundup has does not show the core pieces (Rotators/reflectors, or Arrow-stick for the back)

I am hoping to get a couple of these anyway.
Dan from DelMarVa
My Photobucket:
http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/EdselDan/Models/
It’s too late for when and how. People we must understand
child labour it has to end. Raise our voices, let’s all shout:
http://pocomokefire.com/
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby GLMFAA1 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:24 am

No rotators on the vector, new tooling , different base. all lenses are clear
Greg
GLMFAA1

Postby SteveG on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:37 am

GLMFAA1 wrote:No rotators on the vector, new tooling , different base. all lenses are clear
Greg

The Vector base is contoured to fit the Charger roof but could be modified to fit others. There is no separate rotators like in the Linberg CV's but they would probably fit if you wanted more detail. There is a molded in Arrow-stick on the base as you can see in the photo. Keep in mind this particular model is a early prototype, there's some detail differences from the actual kit.

SteveG

Postby hooknladderno1 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm

hooknladderno1 wrote:Steve,
Thank you for all of your hard work to make this dream a reality! Thanks also for keeping us in the loop. The box art models came out great! I hope to get my family to order a Charger and a Welly Tahoe for me as a present for my upcoming birthday... The Charger will be painted in the Delaware State Police livery, and the Tahoe will become the new command vehicle for my ARFF station. Thanks again Steve!

David

You guys know how patient I am(LOL)... So, this morning I placed my order as above. Wouldn't want my wife and kids to have to try and figure out what I would want for my birthday on their own... Can't wait for it to arrive! Now, to see if Dave at MCW Automotive Finishes can mix up some Dodge Steel Blue Metallic(don't have the color reference right in front of me, but I believe that is the color)? Sorry to bore you guys with my excitement, but you know how it is... Look forward to seeing some new Charger projects at the "House" soon.

David
Last edited by hooknladderno1 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hooknladderno1

Postby EdselDan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:53 am

Thanks for the info on the Vector Lightbar.
I will have to use parts from an Ohio kit to either copy the rotators/reflectors for the bar, or scratch-build them.
But, do I try Evergreen or maybe an empty Soda can?!!
I have taken 2 from a second bar & added to the one I am building (2 of the Domes show having a Rotating element, and a rear facing Flasher/Osilator), as well as using extra Clear domes to get the Blue ones you Don't properly see on the Old Box art!

I want a few of these too. So your not boring me!!
Dan from DelMarVa
My Photobucket:
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby GLMFAA1 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 am

Dan
Funny thing about the OSP CV is that they did not use the vector bar
Greg (from Buckeye country)
GLMFAA1

Postby EdselDan on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:05 pm

I am not surprised. I have a Book with 1933 in it and it shows an Edge bar!!
1933 is the unit that the Lindberg kit replicates!!

I am curious though, How did they get a picture of an OSP car With a V bar on it??
Did they graft an actual V bar on it from another cruiser??
Dan from DelMarVa
My Photobucket:
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby Modelmaker on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi Guys , my three were dropped by the nice and (hot looking) UPS lady yesterday .....along with a few sets of decals.....can't wait to get started......Gary
Modelmaker

Return to Reviews