SSB Resins TDA

Post Your Reviews Of Kits, Products And Services Here

SSB Resins TDA

Postby scalecentral on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:59 pm

If you all haven't seen, Jamie has the Seagrave TDA available now. It is a little pricey, but I did snag one along with a H&L and some detail items. When it comes in, I will do a review.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191323807928
scalecentral

Re: SSB Resins TDA

Postby Modelmaker on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 pm

All I can say to that is WOW......yeah a bit pricey but all of Jamies stuff is well worth it....I have the Rearmount and it wonderful cant wait to start on it......Gary :D
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: SSB Resins TDA

Postby scalecentral on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Ok, got the TDA the other day and had a chance to look at it. I also got the ladder truck to go with it. Anyway, the aerial device and cab are the same as in the ladder kit, but that is all. The whole thing is just down right huge. It is over 30" long when all laid out. The chassis for the tractor is not set so the cab can tilt and you can see some engine detail. If you want it 100% correct you will need to add several hoses, a radiator, and a few other parts. The "trailer" part is made up of a very large cabinet section and a few parts for the connection. It is simplified, but it looks accurate and very sturdy. I will have some pics sometime next week when I get back from vacation. It is well worth the price especially once you consider how huge and how much resin and rubber was used to make this kit.
scalecentral

Return to Reviews