7/14/12 - 3rd Annual Silver City Fire Fest - Meriden, CT

Post News About Shows And Other Events

7/14/12 - 3rd Annual Silver City Fire Fest - Meriden, CT

Postby M1968Q on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:53 pm

The Connecticut Fire Photographers Association is once again sponsoring the Silver City Fire Fest, a day for fire buffs, emergency vehicle model builders & collectors, apparatus and photographers. This year's event has been relocated to the Comfort Inn & Suites located at 900 East Main Street in Meriden, CT, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The first two years have drawn hundreds of spectators and dozens of model displayers, plus in-service and restored apparatus. A great day for all emergency services buffs and enthusiasts! Admission is $5.00 per adult, Kids 12 and under FREE. There is no charge to display models, photographs or real emergency vehicles. Vendor space is available for $50.00 per 4'x8' table.

For those who have not been with us before, here is what to expect:
***Displays of police, fire, and EMS models and collections
***Video and photography displays from the CT Fire Photographers
***Vendors selling firematic books, clothing, helmet shields, pagers, etc.

For further information and to reserve display and vendor space, please email me at M1968Q@aol.com
M1968Q
Firefighter

Re: 7/14/12 - 3rd Annual Silver City Fire Fest - Meriden, CT

Postby M1968Q on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Bumping this back to the top and hoping that some of you can join Charlie Rowley and I in Meriden next month!
M1968Q
Firefighter

Re: 7/14/12 - 3rd Annual Silver City Fire Fest - Meriden, CT

Postby M1968Q on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm

***UPDATES - 7/08/12:

The vendor list keeps growing and now includes: Meriden FD Local 1148 (official Fire fest t-shirts, image below); Fire Apparatus Journal (magazines and books); Eagle Emblems (t-shirts, apparel, patches, etc.); Author Kevin McKeon (new book on CT fire apparatus); Providence CityWide (PFD t-shirts, radio/pager systems); FireGroundImages.com (photography); The Helmet Lady (ceramic fire helmets and gifts); and Rag-Top Fire Helmets (t-shirts, decals, gifts, helmet refurbishing services). There might be a couple more vendors, so stay tuned...

We are up to a dozen modelers (including Charlie Rowley and Paul Wormsley) who will be displaying fire, police, and EMS models on at least 16 tables. Apparatus-wise we are over two dozen and counting, with additional confirmations expected this week.

So there you have it....it is not too late to sign up to display, but please let me know as soon as you can as the layout of the room is being finalized. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions/concerns. Looking forward to seeing you all next Saturday!
M1968Q
Firefighter

Return to Contests & Shows