I too am packing everything up **CLOSING FRIDAY!!**

Important Announcements From The Website

I too am packing everything up **CLOSING FRIDAY!!**

Postby Jeff_C on Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Like ChrisMooney posted in an earlier post, my wife and I are also packing everything up pending the sale of the current house as well as the closing of our new house up in Wetumpka....

Hopefully if everything goes well, the closing date for the sale is in 30 days, and about 30 minutes after that closing we'll be signing papers on our new house.

We will be happy moving out of Montgomery County and into a house that better suits our needs....(one floor and 1/2 the space). The original plan was to rent an apartment for upto 5 years, but with the housing market the way it is right now, it actually works out to be more economical to buy a house rather than rent. We were looking at $800+ a month for rent, where as the house is only going to run a little more than $600 a month.

Hopefully I'll have the workbench setup and running by July 1st.

Yeah little JJ is lucky.
Last edited by Jeff_C on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
Jeff_C
SFH Battallion Chief - Gallery Operations

Re: I too am packing everything up

Postby Pinolafire on Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 am

Awesome news Jeff good Luck to you all..

Matt :mrgreen:
Pinolafire

Re: I too am packing everything up

Postby Modelmaker on Fri May 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Congrats on the new place......Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: I too am packing everything up **UPDATE**

Postby Jeff_C on Sat May 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Well the home inspection didn't turn out so good. At the end of the inspection, I noticed that the living room carpet was getting wet..... That sent up major red flags right there, and we terminated the contract.

We ended up looking at two other houses in the same subdivision, one was 5 years newer and the other one (which is what we're going with) is a brand new house for $19k more than the original one we had looked at. The new house is slightly larger, and has a 2 car garage where as the other one didn't, and has a smaller yard.... Oh and did I say that it was new?

Good thing is we keep the same closing date.

WooHoo!

Things really do happen for a reason.
Jeff_C

Postby ChrisMooney on Sun May 22, 2011 11:21 am

Jeff thats good news. I just got moved in and am slowly getting the model room set up. If you need tile work please dont call i got my fill doing the kitchen
ChrisMooney

Postby Jeff_C on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:12 am

No need for tile work, lots of painting though to get rid of that "contractor beige" color.

Oh, and there is the issue of doing epoxy on the garage floor:)

12 and a wake up.
Jeff_C

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:42 am

Prep Prep & more Prep on the concrete when you do the Epoxy. Follow the insctructions they give you I've had no issues with the stuff I put down in mine (it was new concrete so no stains) but I made sure to use the cleaner & prep stuff) I used the Behr 1 part stuff.
mdlbldrmatt135

Postby Jeff_C on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm going to use a 100% solid industrial grade epoxy from these guys:

http://www.******.com (Link removed per request of supplier, guess they don't appreciate free advertising - Chris)

I'm going to look into having a contractor do the install for it though.

This stuff is almost 10mils thick compared to the roughly 1.5 mils thick water based stuff that's available at the big box stores.
Jeff_C

Re: I too am packing everything up **UPDATE #2**

Postby Jeff_C on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm

So back on 21 May we still had the same closing date of 15 June.

Well the mental midgets at the buyer's mortgage company had to send the loan up to FHA for final approval.... On the 14th of June. FHA has a 5 to 7 day turn around.

New closing date is now the 20th.

FHA denies the loan, so it now gets run as a conventional.

Same mental midget (who didn't see any issues with the FHA request mind you) tells us new closing date is the 24th and that he still doeesn't see any issues and that the underwriting company has a 3 HOUR turn around time from when they get the file.... As of close of business on the 23rd, the underwriters still didn't have all of the information needed to even begin underwriting the loan.

Now the new new new closing date is the 1st, and we should have heard something back from the half ring circus known as Superior Mortgage. The agent told my wife today that he should hear something soon.... Well she called at 9 this morning, and as of close of business we still havn't heard anything from these idiots. I guess his definition of "hearing something soon" is different than those of us who live in the real world.

Now the real estate agent for the builder of the house that we're waiting to buy is getting antsy about this which is a bad thing.

I've got a feeling that I'm going to have to go and have a little one on one with the moron and tell him flat out that if we lose the new house because of his incompetance, then he'll be losing his job because I will make it my mission in life to make his life miserable because now I'm starting to get peeved about the lies and delays, and I can tell you that I'm not one that angers easily but when I do heads tend to roll.
Jeff_C

Postby RevnJeff on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Time to freeze the moron's face with a CO2 extinguisher...or clean of his desk with a charged 2" line!

Sorry to hear about your issues. Our's are the opposite. The mortgage company is moving way faster than we expected with our foreclosure.

Jeff
RevnJeff

Re: I too am packing everything up **CLOSING FRIDAY!!**

Postby Jeff_C on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Well my wife went and sent an E-mail to the moron and copied it to our agent and broker as well as blind copying it to the moron's boss.....

She made it clear that I was beyond angry and that she never knew that I could get so angry (it was a bit of a stretch, but not too far off on what I was saying though). I told her to start treating the guy as if he were one of her engineers, and that if we lost the new house because of the incompetance of the buyer's broker, that we were going to see to it that the broker loses his job and his house (same goes for his boss).

Within 30 min his boss replied that we "WILL" know today.

Within three hours of the boss replying, we were told that the closing is on for this Friday.

I think that they got the conventional back on Monday or early Tuesday, and contrary to what we were told (by the broker) about the buyer saying that they'll go with whatever came back first, they decided to wait and see if the re-submitted FHA request got OK'd.

So the workshop should be up and running within 2 weeks.
Jeff_C

Postby Jeff_C on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:59 pm

RevnJeff wrote:Time to freeze the moron's face with a CO2 extinguisher...or clean of his desk with a charged 2" line!

Sorry to hear about your issues. Our's are the opposite. The mortgage company is moving way faster than we expected with our foreclosure.

Jeff

Sorry to hear that.
Jeff_C

Return to From The Chiefs