Minor Bump

Important Announcements From The Website

Minor Bump

Postby Chris on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Not sure what was setting off the warnings again, went through everything and found nothing. Did inadvertently delete the database though and had to use a backup from a few days back so if there are missing posts, that is why. I'm not getting the warning from google anymore though on my end, and from looking into it through them it looked like it was only some links somewhere that spammers may have had listed on something that were setting off the bells.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Re: Minor Bump

Postby pyrman on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 am

Chris,
I'm not getting any AVG alerts so the site is goooooood! The idiot on FB (Model Fire Apparatus Page) is flapping his gums over this as you saw....I hope I set him straight - but I doubt it. :x

Greg H
"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."
- William T. Sherman, April 11, 1880, Columbus, Ohio
pyrman
Engineer

Postby Icheymon on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 am

Chris my AVG gives me this warning when I open the page.....
Icheymon

Postby johnrescue on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Icheymon wrote:Chris my AVG gives me this warning when I open the page.....

im getting warning from my AVG too
tamaqua rescue squad tamaqua fire department http://www.ahco1tamaqua.com
johnrescue
Captain
Captain

Postby johnrescue on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 pm

pyrman wrote:Chris,
I'm not getting any AVG alerts so the site is goooooood! The idiot on FB (Model Fire Apparatus Page) is flapping his gums over this as you saw....I hope I set him straight - but I doubt it. :x

Greg H

not to get you mad but meybe your AVG is not working right . im getting AVG warning when I open the page
tamaqua rescue squad tamaqua fire department http://www.ahco1tamaqua.com
johnrescue
Captain
Captain

Postby Chris on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 am

Icheymon wrote:Chris my AVG gives me this warning when I open the page.....

Yup that's a link somewhere off site, most likely from a spammer on a profile they set up.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby pyrman on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 am

johnrescue wrote:
pyrman wrote:Chris,

Greg H

not to get you mad but meybe your AVG is not working right . im getting AVG warning when I open the page

John: My AVG works fine...at the time of posting that message I was not getting a threat warning. When I entered just now, I got 2 threat warnings! :o

Greg H
"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."
- William T. Sherman, April 11, 1880, Columbus, Ohio
pyrman
Engineer

Postby Chris on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 pm

And I have no idea why either. The only thing there is with the site right now is the forum. No other files. If you see something that it says it is let me know. Such as the above screen shot, granted that is only a link and I have no way of searching profiles to see who has that one listed possibly.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby jimb on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Just upgraded to Kaspersky Pure 3.0, and I'm getting warnings of a "ingvar2000.no-ip.org/jc/rss.php" & "abob.com/a.php" on every page.
Jim

Chittenango Fire Department
Sullivan Fire District #1
http://chittenangofire.org

Real heros don't wear capes!
jimb
Captain
Captain

Postby GLMFAA1 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 pm

jimb wrote:Just upgraded to Kaspersky Pure 3.0, and I'm getting warnings of a "ingvar2000.no-ip.org/jc/rss.php" & "abob.com/a.php" on every page.

That's what I just got when I logged on and went to return to last page, Blocked by that. so there somethign amiss. I wonder if it came in through photos as Ihave seen this at other photo sites like instagram
go sic em Ed!
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby MMFAAFireModel on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:41 am

GLMFAA1 wrote:
jimb wrote:go sic em Ed!
greg

The best I can do is to delete these morons and ban their IP each time I visit the site. I've deleted 30 of them in the last 5 days, both incomplete registrations and those that actually got through. One scumbag even registered twice a few days apart, first with one IP and then a second .015 digits away.

Fortunately their postings are moderated so you never have to see them and I don't even read them in the moderation queue either. I look at the bottom of the page to see new registrants, quick scan their profile in the Admin Control Panel, and if I don't like anything I see, they are immediately banned and deleted. Sometimes it might be a legit looking registrant, but if the My Department or math question is not done correctly or the screen lame looks strange, you are out. bxsqd, you almost got tossed, because of your screen name.
Ed O'Connell
Spammer Slayer Extrordinaire

Guarding the door to the firehouse, keeping the spammers out.
Thousands of spammers "slain" since May 2010
MMFAAFireModel
Spammer Slayer
Spammer Slayer

Postby Icheymon on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Chris and Ed, thank you for your efforts. They are greatly appreciated.
Rich
Icheymon

Postby traumahawk05 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:33 am

The problem appears to be in the source code.

There is an added iframe arc in the head with that address. It keeps "reloading" the site, thus if you back click it keeps going back to the same page.

Firefox is now giving an attack site warning for ScaleFirehouse. Also, if you load the page on an Android phone like I did, the header iframe appears.
traumahawk05

Postby GLMFAA1 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 am

Now there is a second one
http://abobs.com/a.php
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby chariots of fire on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 am

I continue to get the warning. Hope Chris and Ed can figure it out. You guys are great in keeping the bad guys at bay!
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Postby Chris on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:29 pm

traumahawk05 wrote:The problem appears to be in the source code.

[ Image ]

There is an added iframe arc in the head with that address. It keeps "reloading" the site, thus if you back click it keeps going back to the same page.

Firefox is now giving an attack site warning for ScaleFirehouse. Also, if you load the page on an Android phone like I did, the header iframe appears.

That is what I am finding as well now that I am slowly getting time to look into it a bit at a time. Now I just have to find where it is putting the code so I can erase it.
Stay Safe,
Chris
Chris
Scale Firehouse Chief
Scale Firehouse Chief

Postby RevnJeff on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 am

As of today, March 14, 2013 Google Chrome/McAfee are giving the same warnings as well. I had to fight my security software to visit.
RevnJeff

Postby csp448 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:46 am

Hi guys, since everyone seems to have a problem getting to the House , I might have a special one . I am using Internet Explorer from Microsoft , and I have to click 5 times on the back button on my mouse to go back one page , and this is happening only at the House . All the other sites I go to are behaving normaly . When I will click only once , then I know the problem will be solve . ;)
Pierre from Canada . Enjoy your hobby . Built some fun .
csp448
Captain
Captain

Postby MMFAAFireModel on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:14 pm

csp448 wrote:Hi guys, since everyone seems to have a problem getting to the House , I might have a special one . I am using Internet Explorer from Microsoft , and I have to click 5 times on the back button on my mouse to go back one page , and this is happening only at the House . All the other sites I go to are behaving normaly. ;)

I've been having the same problem for the past few days as I use IE also.
Ed O'Connell
Spammer Slayer Extrordinaire

Guarding the door to the firehouse, keeping the spammers out.
Thousands of spammers "slain" since May 2010
MMFAAFireModel
Spammer Slayer
Spammer Slayer

Postby xSDFD FF-PM on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:29 am

Haven't been in here for a while, but I just got a warning from McAfee coming in this time. Hope it's really OK cause I entered anyway.
Bill
BNSF Locomotive engineer
"Moving yesterdays freight tomorrow"
xSDFD FF-PM
Engineer

Postby Jeff_C on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Most of these warnings are false positives created by an overzealous anti-virus/anti-spam program that more than likely have the settings set at a level that isn't really needed for day to day routine internet use.
Jeff_C
SFH Battallion Chief - Gallery Operations
SFH Battallion Chief - Gallery Operations

Postby FIREMODELMAN on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:00 am

I haven't seen the warning's pop up in several weeks. Maybe you guy's fixed the problem? I hope so at least. :D :D
FIREMODELMAN

Return to From The Chiefs