Truck Question

Announcements From The Members

Truck Question

Postby Modelmaker on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi Everyone, I have some questions about the photo linked below.....1) what model is it ? I know it a Chevy/GMC but that's all. 2) is this available in any form in plastic ,resin, diecast... 3) if not available in any form what are then my options.....can somebody do a resin cast of this or would 3D printing be my last hope.....barring any of that I would need to scratchbuild this and if so where's a good place to start....if any of you are wondering what the deal is ...it is this ...the wife of the owner of the truck in the photo saw the model of the Germantown DC's car and would like me to build a model of her husband's truck .....even asked how much I would charge her to build it....any help would be most appreciated Gary

https://www.flickr.com/photos/n9lge/154 ... 8147111618
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Re: Truck Question

Postby csp448 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:08 am

Hi Gary , to me the model looks like a 4500/5500 truck , a bit bigger than a 1 ton dually pickup , as to anyone ever made a model of it in any material , I really do not know ??? Anyone else on that truck ?? ;) 8-) Pierre from Canada PS: it kind of look like one a the transformers from the first or second movie.
Pierre from Canada . Enjoy your hobby . Built some fun .
csp448
Captain
Captain

Postby EdselDan on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:01 pm

I believe DC Productions offered a "Top-Kick" (SImilar but maybe different year)
Promo/Toy in different body stiles & printed for different companies.
Pole Auger was one I have seen.

Do you have an Electric Co-op nearby? Or maybe your own Power company had some made.
Check other places too, Farm equipment sales dealership, etc.
They Might be able to help you.

Look around at Toy shows/sales if any happen nearby too.
Otherwise, try ebay. (Maybe even Amazon)

I too would love to find one. But, I need an International 4400 first for the Current Rescue
at our department
Dan from DelMarVa
My Photobucket:
http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/EdselDan/Models/
It’s too late for when and how. People we must understand
child labour it has to end. Raise our voices, let’s all shout:
http://pocomokefire.com/
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby traumahawk05 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Keep an eye out for the SCHWANS Toy Truck Bank, which is a GMC Topkick, on the bay. You might also try the Pro-Line Racing 3326-00 GMC Top Kick Clear Body, it is an RC body and slightly larger than 1/25 scale, but it could be used as a staring point, which is a previous generation style.

Your best bet would be the 1/87 Boley line as the GMC Topkick is very popular or the New Ray 1/43 scale Chevrolet Kodiak diecast, both scales are available with a variety of bodies.
traumahawk05

Postby Modelmaker on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Thanks for all the help you have led me in the right direction...which gives me a great Idea once I get the 1/24 scale one done ...go get a 1/87 scale one and put it on the back of the 1/24 scale that way I have a model on a model.....Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Return to From The Crew