From California's Central Coast

From California's Central Coast

Postby Firecoach on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Hello gentlemen (ladies?),

I'm a couple of years into retirement after nearly 40 years in the fire service, and I find myself with just a little bit of time to waste now and then. I made some models back in my adolescent years, including some kit bashing with the AMT ALF models. I knew what I wanted to do, but not how to do it, so I gave up as other interests became more, well, interesting. I have a couple of projects I'd like to try out, and I'm really happy to have this site as a resource. The talent on here is just amazing and I'm hoping that I can get past the roadblocks that I couldn't figure out way back when. I own a 1975 Crown pumper, and I'm in the market for another rig, since I have room in my barn. Been looking for years now without finding what I want, so I figure I'll make it- in 1/25th scale :D

Looking forward to learning a lot,
Don
Firecoach
Probie

Re: From California's Central Coast

Postby Modelmaker on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:26 am

Don, Welcome to the House, Cool that you own a Crown, are you a member of the Crown Enthusiast FB page? A question though what is it you are looking for?....just wondering Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby chariots of fire on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Welcome to the house, Don. Not too many Crown models have been built other than those made by the late Tom Showers. Biggest issue with building one is the front of the cab where it curves both horizontally and vertically. You might be able to cut up an ALF cab into several pieces and build it but you will need some plans ahead of time. The fact that you can take measurements directly off a real one is a big advantage. Best of luck with the project!
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby FF10129 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:09 am

Welcome to SFH,

I have a crown model sitting on bench for awhile now, just needs paint and details. Enjoy the site.

Dom
FF10129
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby maxwell48098 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Welcome to The House.
A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain