Getting back into Firetrucks

Getting back into Firetrucks

Postby ghoodii on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:12 pm

I have been lurking in the shadows long enough, it is time to come out and be part of the group...

I am a 30 career firefighter in Fairfax County, Virginia and use to build fire truck models with my dad back in the early 80's...we use to do shows with Greg and the Mattinglys, anybody remember FAMBA????....then life got in the way (being a responsible adult isn't all its cracked up to be) 2 kids, 2 jobs and assorted other things took up time and modeling fell by the wayside.

Fast forward 25 years, kids are grown, wife is "the ex" and I'm down to one job....the new wife took a promotion which put her working nights on shift work....which left me home alone about half the time......decided it was time to start modeling again!!!! Started with big rigs, which are still a favorite and I have posted several on another site...but the first love will always be fire apparatus.

Will post some pictures soon and see if I can dig some "blast from the past" out.

Look forward to sharing and being part of this forum.

George
ghoodii

Re: Getting back into Firetrucks

Postby maxwell48098 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:22 pm

George,

Welcome to The House.

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Postby chariots of fire on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Welcome, George. I went a few times to the old Toledo Toy Show and to the NNL Nationals that were held on Saturday nites. What a great time rummaging through all the toy stuff! FAMBA, yes. Was a part of that too. And the Southern New England local of FAMBA as well. Hope to see some of your builds!
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby GLMFAA1 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Welcome back, We all seem to have taken a little hiatus, just not coordinated, I've seen your rigs on the other site and looking forward to seeing some red stuff here
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby Modelmaker on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:39 pm

George, Welcome back to the hobby, an Welcome to the House....Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker

Return to Introductions