Hello from Iowa

Hello from Iowa

Postby sentsat_71 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:16 pm

While I have various kits sitting around, I have not finished building a model of any kind since 1987. Though, none are of any fire apparatus. However, I am a buff of fire apparatus, both 1:1 and models. My primary model building interest is in short track race cars, modifieds and sprint cars. Another hobby has kept from getting back into building models for the time being. Right now, I am not sure where I'll be living come this summer, so some things are on hold indefinitely. From what I've seen what little I've looked around, I've seen some FANTASTIC builds here, so will keep looking around this site from time to time. I guess I shouldn't say I haven't put a model together, as around 2006-2007 I put an IMEX(?) die-cast/plastic kit of that used an early 1950's Ford. This was a pre-painted kit, very basic, but it was as close as I could get to the 1940's Chevy fire engine that was my small home town's front line pumper while I was growing up, until a 1968 Chevy replaced it. The company that build the 1968 pumper is based in Luverne, MN.....not sure if the 1940's pumper was built there.
sentsat_71

Re: Hello from Iowa

Postby maxwell48098 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:02 pm

Welcome to THE House.

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Re: Hello from Iowa

Postby Modelmaker on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:14 am

A Hearty Cheesehead Welcome to The House......Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Return to Introductions