Former firefighter, Life long model builder...

Former firefighter, Life long model builder...

Postby Wagoneer81 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Hello!!!
A couple of you may know me from a couple of Facebook model pages as Chris Eddy (My real name...). I have been a model builder for over 30 years and am a former firefighter/EMT with Summitville Volunteer Fire Dept. Summitville, IN. I served with them from 1991-98.
For some time, (years, actually) I have been tossing around the idea of building a 1/25 scale fire dept. Now seems to be the time to start because recently, I've been able to flesh out the fictitious departments particulars;
The Dept., set in the early 1990's, will serve the fictional East Central Indiana city of New Lancaster, population 12,000, sited at the crossroads of a US Route and a State Highway. This is the county seat of an alternate reality Madison County Indiana. For variety, this department will cover not just the city proper but also two rural townships covering 75 square miles which includes a section of river popular with sports fishermen and canoeists. The department will require two or three city pumpers, an aerial truck, light and heavy rescues. The township will need two large 4000+ gallon tanker pumpers, a 4x4 brush rig and a 4x4 light rescue unit able to tow a Zodiac or similar boat and trailer for fast water rescue operations.
Over the next few years, I will be building around 12 vehicles to serve this area.
I currently have on hand an AMT Ladder Chief kit, most of the parts for an AMT ALF Pumper and a Jeep J10 pickup that I will be converting to a J20 and adding a 200 gallon/250gpm skid unit to for a Brush Truck.
I look forward to sharing my progress here and learning from others who have more knowledge on the subject than I do.
Wagoneer81

Re: Former firefighter, Life long model builder...

Postby jimb on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 am

Welcome, Chris.
Jim

Chittenango Fire Department
Sullivan Fire District #1
http://chittenangofire.org

Real heros don't wear capes!
jimb
Captain
Captain

Postby maxwell48098 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Welcome to The House.

If you are in need of any ALF kits, just let me know off-line as I have quite a few looking for new homes.

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Postby chariots of fire on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Welcome Chris. Keep us posted on your progress. You'll find yourself right at home here.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby GLMFAA1 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:28 pm

welcome to zoo
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby hooknladderno1 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the House! I look forward to following your fictitious department's development. Like many fire apparatus modelers, I too have a fictional fire department. One of the great things about being the "Chief" is that you can decide AND "purchase"(build) whatever vehicles you want. One of my company's is known for their fondness of "bling"! I also have a semi-ficticious airport fire fleet.

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1

Postby Modelmaker on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Chris , a Hearty Cheesehead Welcome to the House, currently modeling 3 fictional depts.....with a lot of different types....Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker

Return to Introductions