Hi

Hi

Postby Firefighter Dad on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi. Newbie here. My name is Vinny and I a am retired (26 yrs) Firefighter/Paramedic (volunteer and career) from Connecticut. Been building models (mostly kits) since I was like, 7 yrs old, mostly cars and big rigs, but recently have gotten into scratch building fire apparatus from styrene. So far, I have done a '68 Mack CF pumper, a Simon-Duplex rescue, and I started a SImon-LTI tower (but it was accidently trashed by my dog----don't ask) and a custom kit-bashed/scratch brush truck.
Due to other obligations, commitments, and family, I kind of 'laid off' building for a few years, but now I am getting back into it big time (with wife's blessing, LOL), and have a bunch of scratch build projects planned. All of them fire apparatus. I try to use the actual truck factory blueprints whenever I can, if I can get my hands on them, makes it easier. If anyone has actual blueprints of apparatus, maybe we can discuss me obtaining copies.
Firefighter Dad

Re: Hi

Postby maxwell48098 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Welcome to the House.

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Postby Modelmaker on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Hello Vinny, A Big Hearty Midwest Cheesehead Welcome to the House...Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby chariots of fire on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:09 am

Welcome, Vinnie! You familiar with the Connecticut Fire Photographers Association? They have a model muster in July in Milford. Builders and collectors get together on a Saturday to display their work and have a great time photographing apparatus that come in for the day. Mike Quinn is the guy who puts the show together each year.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Robbo on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:20 am

Welcome Vinny from down under South Australia. This is a great place to share model interests.

Cheers from Robbo.
If it's not broken, then don't try to fix it. If it is broken then only one tool and aids are required: A hammer if it's tight and Blu-Tack if it's loose.
Robbo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Introductions