I have come back

I have come back

Postby will-e16 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi every one, after a long time away (so long I had to re register) I have come back the Scale Firehouse. I have retired from the Phila Fire Dept after 30 Yrs and am getting back into modeling. I think it will take me that long to find my work bench and clean it off.

A little back ground on me: I spent most of my time in the PFD at Engine 16 (18 yrs) I got promoted to Lt in 2004 and was assigned to Sq57, then rotated to Engine 39, Engine 12, Ladder 30 where I retired from. I volunteer at Fireman's Hall Museum, the PDF fire museum. Now that I am retired I spend 2 days a week there doing research.

I haven't built anything in about ****years. so I am itching to by new glues and paints, try to find my tools and paint booth and get to work. I am a member of the Chesapeake Model Engineers and have shown my stuff at the Firehouse Expo.

I look forward to reading the posts and maybe showing off some of my work.

good to be back Will
will-e16

Re: I have come back

Postby MMFAAFireModel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Welcome back Will, good to see you back here.
Ed O'Connell
Spammer Slayer Extrordinaire

Guarding the door to the firehouse, keeping the spammers out.
Thousands of spammers "slain" since May 2010
MMFAAFireModel
Spammer Slayer
Spammer Slayer

Postby GLMFAA1 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Welcome back, Enjoy your retirement

greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby hooknladderno1 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Will,
Congratulations on your retirement! Welcome back to the "House" and the bench! Gonna build a replica of Ladder 30? Reach out to me when you have a chance (number is the same). Look forward to seeing some of your projects again!

David
hooknladderno1

Postby Modelmaker on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Congrats on the retirement, and welcome back to the House....Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Return to Introductions