Hello From Texas

Hello From Texas

Postby 18Bravo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Hello all. Firstly, I have nothing to do with Firefighting, or being a first responder in general. However, my grandfather was a captain in the town of Eastchester, NY. The pink building was his old firehouse in the 30's and 40's, until it was replaced by the newer building. At around age forty he lost his larynx to throat cancer as a result of the job, but lived to be ninety-two.

I am originally from NYC. My sister lives there still, and on 9/11 had bodies and debris land on her building at Rector Place. She and her husband knew a few of the firefighters and police officers killed that day. (His father was a Suffolk County cop)
I was a Drill Sergeant at the time, but the next day was doing the paperwork so I could get back into Special Forces, which I had left in the early 80's.

My sister gave me a cap and said, "So they'll know why you're there."

This was me back in 2002, taken by a Dutch war correspondent. Supposedly it's displayed in a museum in Holland.

I hope to do a diorama of the famous "I'll take it from here" drawing. Now that firefighter figures are available in 1/35 it'll be far easier than trying to do it in 1/25. Obviously I may need quit a few pointers along the way.
18Bravo

Re: Hello From Texas

Postby Modelmaker on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Welcome to the House.....Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby jimb on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:29 am

Welcome to The House. There are 1/35 firefighters? Didn't know that.

Are you the same 18Bravo fro KitMaker Network?
Jim

Chittenango Fire Department
Sullivan Fire District #1
http://chittenangofire.org

Real heros don't wear capes!
jimb
Captain
Captain

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:54 am

Welcome to the 'house Robert!!! (if you are the same 18Bravo we know from Kitmaker)

Black Dog has some 1/35 firefighters and accy's out now to go with the TFFT conversion for the HEMTT.
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby jimb on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Those firefighters from Black Dog look fantastic! Now, it they will just issue them in 1/25 to go with the 1/25 fire apparatus on the market, we'd be golden.

http://www.blackdog.cz/fig35.html
Jim

jimb
Captain
Captain

Postby jimb on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Well, I contacted Black Dog to find out if there was a possibility of seeing their firefighter figures in 1/25. I'm sure once they stop laughing hysterically (seems like some armor modelers can't understand why anyone would want to build anything but 1/35), they'll get back to me.
Jim

jimb
Captain
Captain

Postby jimb on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Well, Black Dog responded to my inquiry about 1/25 fire fighters:

"Hi Jim
we know that it should be great to have them also in this scale but unfortunately we have only two sculptors and full production plan so it hard to say if we will make them

thanks for understanding

best regards
blackdog.cz"

Translation: it ain't happenin'
Jim

jimb
Captain
Captain

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:26 am

jimb wrote:Well, Black Dog responded to my inquiry about 1/25 fire fighters:

"Hi Jim
we know that it should be great to have them also in this scale but unfortunately we have only two sculptors and full production plan so it hard to say if we will make them

thanks for understanding

best regards
blackdog.cz"

Translation: it ain't happenin'

if the Sculpting in 1/35 is good, getting it 3D scanned, scaled and printed in 1/24 or 1/25 isn't all that bad, But apparently they feel sculpting from scratch is the way to go.... :(
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby GLMFAA1 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:15 am

My OpEd:
Who came up with the idea of 1/35th scale firefighters? Besides military are there any 1/35th fire apparatus out there?
Maybe they need to be a little bit more informed on what is the preferred scale for fire apparatus, 1/32nd would be close but that is one truck (try to find an Aurora ALF).
With about 15 issued fire models in 1/25th, many die casts and lots of scratch built out there they might have a nitch market but it is a market

greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 am

they started with a conversion to make a HEMTT into a TFFT..... then came an accessory set and a couple firefighters to go with it.
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby chariots of fire on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:22 pm

By all means, welcome! Keep us informed as you go along. We like to see work in progress as much as the finished product!
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Return to Introductions