Hi guys

Hi guys

Postby MTFire on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:33 pm

I am just getting back into scale rigs after a 20 year absence from building. I am a recently retired firefighter with 39 years of service.

I started model building as a kid and got into building fire rigs in the mid 60's and and heavily into the rigs in the early 70's. I went through a divorce in 1992 and that ended my modeling. I lost most of my collection then, tools, supplies, etc.

Things are so much different now than they were then. One thing that really stands out is the Internet, so much more reference material. I have to re-learn my skills, learn new and different techniques using new products I concentrate mostly on 1/25 scale rigs and also 1/6 action Fire figures.

John
MTFire

Re: Hi guys

Postby chariots of fire on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Welcome to the House, John. You will find all sorts of tips and techniques for building here. Lots of good builds to peruse and admire.
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby Modelmaker on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:47 am

John , A hearty Welcome to the House, a great place for inspiration..and to show off your latest......Gary
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
" Bureaucratic Incompetence is the only Universal constant"
Modelmaker
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby maxwell48098 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Welcome to The House.

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Return to Introductions