Hi from Ohio

Hi from Ohio

Postby Frofgarm on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Hello, just registered after lurking around a few months. I am a modeler who is also a fan of fire apparatus. I have a big collection of reference books and materials on firefighting and fire trucks. I have a few 1/24 and 1/25 trucks completed.
I'll have to get my son to show me how to use your photo system so I can post some pics. As a modeler I have built pretty much anything you can think of if its miniature. Been at it for 47 years. Most of my work involves wargaming minis but I also build my trucks and have N scale model trains. Just helped my 5yr old granddaughter put together her first model, a 1/32 scale Mack pumper snap-tite.

About myself, I am 54 yrs old and retired because of health (survived 100% blockage of widowmaker but downside is 39% of my heart is now scar tissue). Worked as Maintenance/Safety Director in health care. My father was a full time firefighter and my brother is a volunteer in my hometown. My wife and I will have our 37th wedding anniversary in July of this year. We have three grown sons and seven grandchildren ranging from 4-9 yrs old. Thank you for your time and I hope everyone has a nice father's day.

James
Frofgarm

Re: Hi from Ohio

Postby pyrman on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:16 am

Hi James,

Welcome to the asylum! What part of Ohio are you from? There's a few of us in Ohio. I'm in the Columbus area. There's a guy in Findlay and another around Cleveland, IIRC.

Greg H
"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."
- William T. Sherman, April 11, 1880, Columbus, Ohio
pyrman
Engineer

Postby Frofgarm on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:00 am

I live in Mansfield. Grew up and went to school in Shelby. Both are in Richland County, lived here my whole life.
Frofgarm

Postby GLMFAA1 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:56 am

A Buckeye welcome to the house :D
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby maxwell48098 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Welcome to The House.

A.J.
maxwell48098
Captain
Captain

Return to Introductions