Anyone know a good junk yard? Got a list here.

Need It? Have It? Let Everyone Know Here, Be Sure To Read The Rules First.

Anyone know a good junk yard? Got a list here.

Postby ENG17INE on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Any leads on any kind of a Ford LTD 80s era. A newer Crown Victoria 1:24 or1:25 A 69 Dodge power wagon 2 door not quad cab with no bed. I put a post up for a GMC rescue from Lester the year is escaping me right now. I want to say 57. A Ford C non canopy early 60's with dual head lights. I could kit bash a ALF pumper with the reissue C just add the ALF head light if no leads. A good B Mack closed cab pumper kit. Ford step delivery van 80s. Any Ford vans newer the better but oldies are goodies too. A cheap dodge A100 panel van. C Mack pumper 65. E-One Hurricane cab. I'm trying to not take apart my Franklin Mint tower for a cast. Newer than 99 Ford F350 quad cab. 70's Dodge van. 54 Ahrens Fox pumper. 70s suburban. Any 80s era Sutphen. All in 1:24 or 1:25. Anything is better than nothing. I'd also like any info on junk deals smashed kits or broken franklin mints Danbury mints or first gear stuff. Thanks for reading my dream list. A few I have ideas on how to do but a lot are blowing in the wind. I might have to rehab a cheap toy of my sons to make the f350 I want. Hope he doesn't mind. Thanks again.
-Chris
ENG17INE
Firefighter

Re: Anyone know a good junk yard? Got a list here.

Postby EdselDan on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Sadly, Most of those Do NOT exist Even in Diecast!!
There Are Som Resin items, but I am not sure if they are still Avbailable

Modelhaus offered an 80's Suburban, that can be back-dated to 73, sincec that it
when the "Rounded Line" started!!!
The 67-72 "Action-Line Might be available too, but, I do not remember who did one.
If it was R&R, they might be Lost.
Ray Parsons died at least last year, if not 2 or 3 years ago, and no one is producing his
pieces now.
Rumors are that some one Is buying the molds,etc to continue the pieces/kits,
but I have no idea of Who, If, Or When!!

Ertl offered a Chevy/GMC stepvan in approx 1/34 scale, but, again, Not for some time!!
It was a promo item, painted/printed with a business label. (NAPA, etc)

Some one offers/offered a 50 Ford Step van, but again, I do not know who. or Where
they are sold!!

Modern Crown Vic's can be found. Lindberg tooled a snap kit of the 97.
And Classic Metal Works/Testor's offered built & Kit versions of the 99+
I have 2 of them. A CHP only pre-painted, and a generic in white with decals for Denver, NYPD
And Chicago.
3 different lightbars were also included.
Too bad I already traded off the extras of that one I had!!!

As for an 80's C-V.
I do not know of any available
Blue Oval Resin Was suppose to be working on one, But, Health problwems have slowed hime down!!

Modelhaus Does/Did offer a Brick Impala/Caprice!!! (Pre-91 Bath-tub)

Revell & Maisto offer the 05 Impala Police Cruiser.
Rev in Plastic, Maisto diecast.
That one does include 3 lightbars though.

Revell is also now offering their Ford Expedition SUV with Ford Demo Police markings
And they just tooled up a 90 Mustang With Police parts, But reports,
and Pictures show the roof is almost 1/8 inch Too low!

Jimmy Flintstone offers a resin Body of the 60's Dodge A-100 Van.
You will need the IMC/Testor's?Lindberg Pickup kit for ALL the rest though.
Those are easy to find, and will be easier as Round2 has announced the Long-lost
Touch-Tone-Terror version will be re-issued thios yeaar.
Telephone booth and All!!

Also, The Old AMT Rescue issue of the Chevy VAn is Back out
Sadly, the Open Window/Passenger version of that kti is Lost permanently!!
But, Hopefully, at least One of the passenger Bench seats IS included in the kit,
as it was used in the Rescue version!!

Almost Any set of Dual headlights can cinvert the AMT Ford C cab into a 'Quad-headlight'
Many use the Custom Tube grill with 45 degree angled lights from the 53 F-1 kit!!

The headlights from the Modern Tiool 58 Edsel are also Close enough to correct.

Some one offers that kit in Resin as a MACK with the Quad's if interested.

For a B model, Resin is the ONLY way, outside of the 1/43 First Gear diecast.
I Think SSB resin Might have a 1/25-1/24 Resin of AN E-One cab. (HIGH $$$ though)
Otherwise, SCRATCH-BUILD it!!

Or see how close the Trumpeter ALF Eagle is to the basic shape,
and modify that.

National Motor Mint Museum offered/offers the Mack C, but,
it MIGHT be the Corgi piece and 1/50 scale NOT the 1/32 it is listed at.
(Though I have seen pictures of them with Opening doors & steering, so I Doubt they are 1/50)

Several are listed on that evil Auction site now!

70's Dodge vans are HIGH $$ items now as they have Not been re-issued!!
The last issue "Rescue 911" is the same as the Cannonball Run kit with different decals.
No idea if it will be re-issued anytime soon, or Ever!!

You Might be able to Modify the AMT 55-57 Chevy Cameo/Stepside pickup into the larger cab.
MAny here have done similar upscaling of pickups to Medium Duty trucks

The Closest to a 69 Dodge Ram is Modelhaus,.
He offers Both standard And Crew cab bodies, But Pickup bed or Utility box are cast With the cab!!
I THINK Testor's offered a 99 F-250/350 Diecast, but NOT a Crewcab
They Did offer the F-650 Supercrewzer, but that is a Medium Duty rig.

You can Kitbash 2 of the 99 F-150 Lightning into a Crewcab.

The ONLY 54 Ahrens Fox I know if is the SMALL scale (1/87) Pieve from Reader's Digest.
Sadly, I Only have ONE of that one!!

ANY Sutphen will have to be Scratch-built, unless you can find the Code3 Collectibles 1/64 pieces.
Not Cheap, but Might be getting there, as some one in Poland offers them now!

Code3 Closed!!!!

Sorry I could not lead you where you wanted, But, Hopefully I did help a Little!
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby hooknladderno1 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 pm

ENG17INE wrote:Any leads on any kind of a Ford LTD 80s era. A newer Crown Victoria 1:24 or1:25 A 69 Dodge power wagon 2 door not quad cab with no bed. I put a post up for a GMC rescue from Lester the year is escaping me right now. I want to say 57. A Ford C non canopy early 60's with dual head lights. I could kit bash a ALF pumper with the reissue C just add the ALF head light if no leads. A good B Mack closed cab pumper kit. Ford step delivery van 80s. Any Ford vans newer the better but oldies are goodies too. A cheap dodge A100 panel van. C Mack pumper 65. E-One Hurricane cab. I'm trying to not take apart my Franklin Mint tower for a cast. Newer than 99 Ford F350 quad cab. 70's Dodge van. 54 Ahrens Fox pumper. 70s suburban. Any 80s era Sutphen. All in 1:24 or 1:25. Anything is better than nothing. I'd also like any info on junk deals smashed kits or broken franklin mints Danbury mints or first gear stuff. Thanks for reading my dream list. A few I have ideas on how to do but a lot are blowing in the wind. I might have to rehab a cheap toy of my sons to make the f350 I want. Hope he doesn't mind. Thanks again.
-Chris

Chris,
Dan did a great job above. I may be able to fill in some of the gaps. I believe that Missing Link, or one of the Detroit resin casters offers a late 70's LTD. I have heard of people working on the early 80's boxy LTD, but have seen no finished products fora sale. Too bad, as many of the departments had them when I first became a medic in '83. Art Anderson of the now OOB All American Models did offer a mid 90's Crown Vic. A Ford C cab should be easy to do. The dual headlights could be created from MV lenses mounted on some Evergreen sheet cut to shape, or a set of ALF headlight bases sanded flat. Not familiar with the particular proportion that you need. SSB Resin offers a late 90's - 2009? style casting of the cut away front cab. They also offer a few ambulance bodies, but as many differ in length and configuration, you may wish make your own body. AITM offers several Mack B cabs and running gear. They also have many great firefighting accessories. SSB Resin also offers a post 99 F Series crew cab. He will sell you just what you need, you don't have to buy a whole kit if you only want certain parts. Uptown Automotive offers a step van that is listed as a "Grumman", but many shared the same bodywork. R&R did make several late 60's through '80's Suburbans. You might post a request over on Model Cars Magazine "Trucks -wanted" section. Someone may have one in their stash to get rid of... On the E-One Hurricaine, check the Tutorial section. I had posted scale drawing of some a while ago. Don't know if they are still there... Hope that helps.

David
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby ENG17INE on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:47 pm

The E-One tutorial is still up. Thank you. The cab I'm trying to make is the Franklin Mint tower only as a rear mount 75' straight stick single axle quint with a preconnect on the extended bumper easy enough and a top mount hush rescue pumper. The ladder doesn't sit right due to a fall a while back but still shelf worthy. I'm trying to stay clear of scratching a cab. I don't feel my skills are there yet. As for the step van its nothing close to a Grumman and all I find are 1:64 scale so guess I can try my hand at a mini model. I just prefer a high detail 1:25. The LTD I thought I saw a #25 car from Back Draft from snap tight but now I think it might have been a Monaco. Doesn't add up. As for the F350 I'm thinking I am going to modify a fast lane monster truck my son has. Looks to be a 2012 with a bench third door so extend the cab add a window and handle we will see. Hope it looks okay on a 05 frame and tires. I'll keep everyone up to date as it goes. Tutorial all that jazz. I just started school this month and don't have much time to do much else but make wish lists at this point. Thank you both for doing so much research and showing me the right paths to continue on. One of these days I will have a post in the in progress and show case that's my goals. Thanks again gentlemen.
-Chris
ENG17INE
Firefighter

Postby EdselDan on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:01 am

Good News on a Modern Ford F-350

Look here:
http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/inde ... opic=84921

Chinese company MENG has announced they are entering the 1/24 scale Civilian Vehicle series
First up is a 2008+ Ford F-350 4x4 CREWCAB!!!!!
Diesel Engine!!.
I see MANY light duty Fire coming out of this
Many expect a Dually version of this one shortly after release.

The Fire Chief Cruiser you remember is Monogram's 1/32 Chevy MALIBU.
Most often seen as a Police cruiser.
Last seen as part of a 2 kit HERO's set with their MACK CF Pumper.
That Pumper was also issued under the Backdraft license.
However, the Chicago Pumper in that movie was a Ward LaFrance/Ward-79 NOT Mack!
The Ladder Was a MACK though
Updated front face with quad Rectangular head lights!!

I have 5-7 of that Malibu, and 20+ of the Mack CF pumper
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby ENG17INE on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:19 pm

I believe your correct. But how great would a snap tight Ward LaFrance be? I'd love to see Dave make that Cin. cab he was leaving hints on. A few local trucks would be nice if I had the base to start. Anyway thank you again for the heads up on the models.
ENG17INE
Firefighter

Postby EdselDan on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:54 pm

Yes, I would Love to see Monogram/Revell offer a 1/32 Snaptite Ward!!!
But, Chances are................................

Being a rather Square design, It is not too difficult to scratch.
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Postby ENG17INE on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:51 am

Dave has a beautiful resin cab but I don't know much about working with resin. About the F350, It took this long for a modern pick up and its from a country that wouldn't be able to be driven down half its streets lol. How long had it been since Trumpeter made a modern 1:25? Again not an American company. How about another new rig in between decades. I'd love to see some new fire or swift water rescue marine units. Try looking up a boat that isn't a inflatable, race or bass boat. Other than SSB who makes a modern ambulance. Took years. Cop cars are too easy yet most years prior to 90 is not well shown. Vans are either 70's or 80's at best and need a big retool. Not knocking the re releases but not quite the high detail you see in cars. I don't see why the Ford GMC Chevy or Dodge vans aren't produced as box trucks dry goods or shuttle vans or buses. Huge market just for the tooled model not to mention kit bashed ambos. I like having choice but 7 manufactures make the same car truck what have you. Not a big choice in trucks or emergency vehichles. Comercial vehicles too. What are the companies thinking? Want to make some cha ching as this site what to make.
ENG17INE
Firefighter

Postby dimaxion+1 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:16 am

It is possible for this Site to offer a Yearly Survey and submit it to the 3 Model Kit manufactures . It has been done in the Past and it still will work . These Companies will make kits that will sell . Supply and demand id the driver . The customers do drive the product availability .
Some examples ; AMT '66 Nova (the first kit catering to the Adult Builder) . AMT '57 Chrysler 300 C . Myself ; a friend of mine in the '60's did a letter campaign to AMT for both the '53 Studebaker & '58 Chevrolet . We got all those we knew to write in . We did write letters not only to the kit makers , also to the Model Car Magazines whom posted these in the Letters to the Editors . My 2 cents .. Thanx ..
dimaxion+1

Postby EdselDan on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:07 am

I have found an 88 Ford Crown Vic, But................

It is NOT Plastic Or Diecast!!

Look here: Boston
http://www.papermodelstore.com/product_ ... ts_id=3554

or here: CHP
http://www.papermodelstore.com/product_ ... ts_id=3539

YES they Are PAPER!!!!
$7.oo each for a Printed model (Cheaper than any other!!
And They ARE 1/25 scale!!

Modelik offers an Oshkosh T-3000 in 1/25!!
Bit Expensive for me though!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OSHKOSH-T-3000- ... 3aa48f8abd

If you find them cheaper let me know. I would Love one of those Oshkosh!!!!
Dan from DelMarVa
My Photobucket:
http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/EdselDan/Models/
It’s too late for when and how. People we must understand
child labour it has to end. Raise our voices, let’s all shout:
http://pocomokefire.com/
EdselDan
Captain
Captain

Return to The Parts Bin