Shapeways store

Need It? Have It? Let Everyone Know Here, Be Sure To Read The Rules First.

Re: Shapeways store

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:27 am

Guys,

Ideas for more stuff:

more monitors (any interest in a remote controlled one for Bumper mount??)
ground base for monitors (can be deployed or stored)

More fittings/valves in 1.5,2.5 and 4" including: suction Siamese, 30 & 45 degree elbows, 4 way hydrant valve, hydrant wye, Storz adapters and finally hose ends (both thread and Storz) Anyone want Butterfly or gate valves???

I'll prpbably only be checking in a couple times a week untill Jan 2nd as I'm off for the holidays & I have loads on the Honey Do list.

Thanks for your support with this store, and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & A Happy New year. (and Happy Holidays for the PC people)

Thanks,

Matt
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby hooknladderno1 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Matt,
I like all of the additional ideas, especially the bumper mounted monitors! Have a Blessed Christmas!

David
"So many models, so little time..."
hooknladderno1
I Live At The Scale Firehouse

Postby xSDFD FF-PM on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Everything you listed Matt!!
Bill
BNSF Locomotive engineer
"Moving yesterdays freight tomorrow"
xSDFD FF-PM
Engineer

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:08 pm

I found models to start the ground base as well as a bumper mounted remote controlled monitor. We shall see where it goes come Monday, when I get back to work.
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby hooknladderno1 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Great news Matt! Look forward to seeing them!

David
hooknladderno1

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:45 pm

Having issues... but they're coming along:

mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby xSDFD FF-PM on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Wow that looks great Matt!! I was wondering if you could re-produce the "T" handles you find all over a pump panel? I have tried doing it, but can't find anything that would work as good as 3D printing might. Please keep up you're great work here!!

Bill
Bill
BNSF Locomotive engineer
"Moving yesterdays freight tomorrow"
xSDFD FF-PM
Engineer

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Bill,
How big are they? Any thinner than .030 is difficult to print
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby hookandladderno1 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Bill,
I take a regular flat head pin, hold it in a pair of pliers, and file the top and bottom of the pin away to produce a "T" handle. Just got home from my second busy late shift in a row, so I can't post any photos.

Matt,
The bumper mounted nozzles are looking AWESOME! Will they be at a lower angle once completed?

David
hookandladderno1

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:10 am

David,

They'll be 2 or 3 pieces, so to be positioned as the user wants (within the design of the monitor). I took these after initially getting the models I found imported in to the CAD software I use.

Matt
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:15 am

One is coming along.....

The nozzle is killing me at the moment.. it won't mesh... I'll keep chugging along on it... OOn the plus side... everything shown above meshes and showas as printable (except possibly the antenna for the receiver) (on the plus side it'll be used on the second version as well.)
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:09 am

All,

Another quick update.. Still working on the RC monitors. I had a request thru Shapeways come in... Cad models found....

Folding Steps:

Both styles should be available in a few HOURS....
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby Firepig on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Wow!
Firepig

Postby pyrman on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 am

Matt,

I see you do long backboards. have you thought about doing short spine boards?

Image Image

What about CPR boards?

And maybe a Lifeguard max flotation rescue can?

Thanks for looking,
Greg H

P.S. I just placed my first order for duckguns, pickhead axes & hydrant tools. :)
"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."
- William T. Sherman, April 11, 1880, Columbus, Ohio
pyrman
Engineer

Postby GLMFAA1 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:26 am

Been lurking at this thread, How about a hose load to fit the AMT ALF pumper
greg
Stars at night. You see them due to the light traveling from them. What you see is the stars past. If you are seeing a star that's 6,000 yrs ago. Imagine somebody on that star looking at us. They'd be seeing us as 6,000 yrs ago. Which of those two is now?
GLMFAA1

Postby hooknladderno1 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi Greg,
Not to speak for Matt, but I imagine that something that big and dense would be cost prohibitive. Keep those ideas coming though. The amount of detail in Matt's items is incredible! I have no financial interest in this. I'm just a very happy customer!

David
hooknladderno1

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:29 am

@pyrman - I'll see what I can squeeze in.

@GLFMAA1 - David is correct hoseloads are a bit cost prohibitive. SSB resins have some that could probably be modified prettty easy.

@ HooknlaLaddero1 - Thanks!!!!

I mare stuff ideas, than free time at the moment at work. I've got the Remote controlled monitor as well as a couple others, some more Tools, and all the fitting sets.

This "store" has taken off more than I'd imagined it would, and the demand for more stuff keeps growing.
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby Lyonsperf on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:31 am

1/25 scale boots and helmets. Federal Q siren that mounts front of cab.
Lyonsperf
Firefighter

Postby pyrman on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:41 am

Matt: thanks for the consideration.

Lyonsperf: fire helmets would be great, I'd love a couple of Cairns 660's and traditional New Yorkers.

Greg H
"There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell."
- William T. Sherman, April 11, 1880, Columbus, Ohio
pyrman
Engineer

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:16 pm

during lunch: I'm not sure if they're completely accurate as I can't find much for dimensions on either....

And:
(lull this afternoon)

If you guys think they look good, I'll scale them & get sets made up on Shapeways
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby Aaronw on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Most pole tools have wood or fiberglass handles 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" in diameter. Roof hooks (what you have here) usually have a steel shaft which is only about 1" in diameter. The hooks stick out 3-4" on either side and are basically the same thickness as the shaft (the whole head is 6.5" x 6.5" x 1" but it obviously isn't a square ;) ). Standard sizes range from 2-8 feet in length.

Because of the very thin shafts in scale, I'm thinking most of the pole tools would probably be better done as separate heads which can be attached to the appropriate sized styrene rod. That would make them cheaper, less prone to breakage and also take care of the what sizes to offer issue.

On the hose load, my real crude estimate using the cheaper detail plastic would put the material cost somewhere between $30 and $60 depending on the exact dimensions (assumed a size of 1/2" x 3" x 6") and just how much it could be hollowed out. Because of the cost that is probably something best done as a master then reproduced in resin. Rolls of hose and hose bundles / high rise packs might work though.
Aaronw
SFH Deptuty Chief
SFH Deptuty Chief

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Aaronw wrote:Most pole tools have wood or fiberglass handles 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" in diameter. Roof hooks (what you have here) usually have a steel shaft which is only about 1" in diameter. The hooks stick out 3-4" on either side and are basically the same thickness as the shaft (the whole head is 6.5" x 6.5" x 1" but it obviously isn't a square ;) ). Standard sizes range from 2-8 feet in length.

Because of the very thin shafts in scale, I'm thinking most of the pole tools would probably be better done as separate heads which can be attached to the appropriate sized styrene rod. That would make them cheaper, less prone to breakage and also take care of the what sizes to offer issue.

I ballparked the roof hook at an inch based on a PDF I found with some 2x lumber in the pic. these seem to have an chisel on the end as well.

The PIG axe is the one that was harder to ball park in size.
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby chariots of fire on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:07 pm

Hey, Matt. I'd buy the spanners and hydrant wrench for 10 bucks. How soon before they would be available?
Charlie Rowley
(Chariots of Fire)
chariots of fire

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:14 pm

They've been available for a while now. If it's in the link below, it's available now.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/DownRangeProductions1-35th-scale?section=Fire+Dept+related+items&s=0
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

Postby mdlbldrmatt135 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:40 am

All,

The half spine boards are available in the store now as well as a set of climbing gear (carabiners & descenders)

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/DownRangeProductions1-35th-scale?section=Fire+Dept+related+items&s=24#more-products

Edit 1pm:

Sets of 10/20 each of the NYFD roof hook, and Pike pole heads are uploaded, and should show up shortly for sale.
mdlbldrmatt135
Engineer

PreviousNext

Return to The Parts Bin